Chapter 13

Audrey's POV, 9:50 p.m.

Finn was asleep and Luna and I weren't, as I had plenty of sleep prior to all of this and I guess Luna just didn't feel comfortable sleeping here. Fair enough.

"What are we going to do tomorrow?" I found myself asking Luna as if she knew any more than I did.

"Hell if I know." She answered.

"We could go swimming, they have a pool downstairs."

"Well I didn't exactly pack my bathing suit to keep you company while you watch your parent's marriage deteriorate in pieces."

"What the fuck, Luna? I thought you were okay with all of this."

"Well, I thought I was too, but look at the night we've had. It has been literal hell." She stated

"And we didn't even have to be here in the first place, it's all your doing, Audrey. Sorry." She continues,

I start to feel bad all over again.

"Look, Luna, I'm so sor-"

Suddenly my sentence was cut short when I heard a HUGE crash.

I know she heard it too because she looked at me with terror on her face,

We slowly crept out of the bathroom where we were talking to see what the actual fuck was going on here.

Much to our horror, the window was absolutely shattered to hundreds, maybe thousands of tiny little pieces.

I looked to the side of the room to see that Finn was sitting up in bed, he must've covered himself from the glass with the knitted blanket.

He looked at us obviously shocked,

No, not shocked. Petrified would be a better term for this look.

Luna, being braver than me by far, started walking towards him.

"Luna! Careful! There's glass everywhere." I whisper harshly but that is probably the last of her worries.

"I KNOW, CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!" She whispered even harder,

Finn shook the shards of glass off the blanket and onto the floor,

And ever so slowly he sat up further with a ghostly pale look on his face.

Soon Luna stopped in her tracks aswell,

Then she started stumbling backwards while mumbling hysterically,

"No... no.. no.. no.. no.. no..."

In her irrational state of mind she stumbled back, tripping on the bed closest to the bathroom.

She fell to the ground, the most blood curdling scream I've ever heard in my entire life left her throat,

I eased over closer to them, I really wish I didn't do that.

I saw something that shook me to me very core,

My jaw dropping, my eyes bugged, and my breath became rapid.

It was Kalvin.

He was fucking dead.

His eyes were wide in fear, frozen for the rest of eternity.

Shards of glass punctured the flesh on his face, arms, hands, legs, anything it touched, it punctured.

He was sickly and thin from the blood and, well, the life that left his body from what seemed like hours ago.

I don't think the window was what killed him, but if whatever else thing hadn't, it definitely would have finished the job.

Someone threw him. I know it.

I slowly back up, until I fall back, plopping on the bed behind me.

What kind of psychopath did this?

"Shit this is fucking insane!" Finn audibly rasped out, was impressed he managed to get anything out at all.

In an attempt to move, Finn fell out of the bed finally.

He scurried over to me and Luna,

His breath was quick and sharp, he said something barely audible and pushed us towards the door.

I didn't know how to react so I just stood there and so did Luna,

Then he says it one more time again,

MUCH louder.

He inhaled a quick sharp breath, and yelled at us to "Fucking go!"

We did just that.

We ran out the door like our lives depended on it, they probably did.

Apparently I wasn't moving fast enough for Finn's liking so he grabbed my arm and pulled me with him.

But then, another thought hit me like a bag of bricks.

Where's Micheal? Fuck.

Shit, shit, shit.

Not now, NOT NOW!

I NEED TO FIND HIM. NOW.