Chapter 20

Finn's POV

I wake up in a white room with my head nearly spinning out of my skull.

For a second I think I am hallucinating, but I look around and realize that the room is modern.

This is an actual hospital.

The police finally had come to get us, but where is everyone else?

Just when that thought escapes me, a young, early thirties doctor enters.

"So how are we feeling?" He asks rather cheerfully,

"Um, okay? Where are my friends?" I asked skeptically.

"Oh, uh...son, you're friend tried to take a turn for the worst like you. But she's in professional supervision as well, she should be fine." He says to reassure me.

"Friend? Where are the others?"

"Son, please try to calm down. The Anastasia is still wearing off."

The room falls silent, too silent.

But Luna is okay? What?

I feel myself relax a little bit. Thank God she's okay.

🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐🕐

Meanwhile in Bakerland Police Department...

"Sir, we got anything on the other two yet?" The chubby balding detective asked the Sgt.

"Oh, absolutely Jack-shit. They are no- where to be found anywhere in the area."

"So what do you suppose, Sarge?"

"Well, I guess I suppose they fled the scene before we got there. They might be guilty for the murder of that young man, and attempted murder of the other two."

"But sir, I thought the two that almost drowned were trying to kill themselves." The detective proclaimed,

"I still call bullshit on that." The Sargent nursed on his freshly brewed coffee, turning away from the detective.

"I know these kids are covering up for their little friends, it happens all the time." He continued.

"I don't know, sir."

"This case simply isn't worth the time nor resources. Just some twenty something's wanting attention." The Sargent conspired.

"I guess only time will tell."