Engulfed

Cold and damp and dark, people took cover from the rain under the shelters over the station, where, at first, I was going to sit. But the familiar call echoed through my brain, so i walked. My feet sunk deep into the moist sand. Still, the call resonated through me, still, further i went. The water gently caressed my skin and lured me further and further into the ocean. I had abandoned my clothes on the shore and now stood, exposed to her like she was to me. Rain poured from the sky. God herself was crying over her daughters beauty and bluntness. I laughed into the night, the water brushed over my breasts, enticing me to venture further into the inky liquid. Drowning was a horrible death, but now i almost longed to dive deep into the black abyss and never return to the surface. The artificial light from the city reached the beach and almost ruined her beauty, but soon the light seemed like nothing compared to the overwhelming blackness that over took the earth. I had soon stepped out too far. For i no longer felt the sandy ground, waves devoured me and forced me under the water, the darkness below the blue reflected myself and for a moment it was as if my soul had jumped out of its confinements and took shape as the unknown death beneath the deepest depths of the sea. My breath became short, my limbs tired. I lay still now, letting her embrace me and pull me further into her arms. I inhaled the salty water, it felt as though i had drunken gasoline and eaten a lit match. The beach was deserted, no soul, no heart, no life, barely mine remained. I was scared but didn't fight back because she knew what was best and i trusted her with my heart. I drifted to the bottom of the watery graveyard and made my bed there, in the sand. It engulfed me.