The airport security

The team had their flight to Ahmedabad next morning.

The security at the airport cast suspicious glances at the girls traveling with the national team, and after a few layers of security they were stopped.

"Sir, they need to be frisked," said one officer.

"Why?" demanded Virat. "We were all frisked few minutes back."

"Sorry, sir, they need to be frisked once more. Security rules," he said adamantly.

Tani, Neha and Siri looked uncomfortable and a little scared because of course they hadn't been in such a situation before.

Virat, who found this highly illogical, looked like he would protest, but Bhuvi whispered to him, "Young girls are often checked against drug smuggling, don't create a scene here."

"All right," conceded Virat. "But can we at least accompany them, it's their first time in this sort of...." He let the words 'cumbersome situation' hanging in the air.

"Sure, no problem," said the officer.

Virat took Tani's arm and steered her towards the frisking room. The others waited outside.

The security immediately seized a stethoscope from Tani's handbag. "Why is this here?"

"Why can't it be here?" said Tani. "It's not illegal, is it?"

"I need to check this," he said. "Wait for a few minutes." He instructed his assistant to bring some instrument.

Virat pulled Tani down beside him on the bench.

"This must be so strange for you, isn't it?" he asked.

"A bit," admitted Tani. "It's very different from my life so far. But I love it. I wouldn't miss this for anything else in the world."

"Big fan of cricket?"

"Yes, huge, right from childhood!" said Tani. "Virat bhaiya... I've loved your game for years, and it's unreal to think that I'm travelling with you!"

Virat didn't think he had seen the usually reserved Tani animated like this before.

"But," Tani added. "I have to carry out my research work too. Do you think you can give me a little time with you so that I can take your interview?"

"Of course," said Virat. "We can do this today evening itself."

Tani grinned as the assistant came back with the instrument to check her poor stethoscope for drugs.

.........................................................................

"What's taking them so long? Is Tani really smuggling drugs?" asked Hardik.

"I don't know about her, but I am," whispered Neha.

"Seriously?!"

"Yes, and I'll be caught," said Neha, almost convincingly.

"When they take you to the room, just close your eyes and run over to the opposite side. Cross over this place and merge into the crowd," advised Hardik in a whisper.

"And if someone chases me?" asked Neha.

"I'll go with you, I bet I can run faster than any security officer," said Hardik smugly.

"Wow, thanks..."

Siri was looking at them in disgust, and Hardik asked in an extra-friendly tone, "Are you carrying drugs too, darling?"

Siri ignored him.

"Don't irritate people," Bhuvi told him sternly. "And Siri, come on."

Because none of them had noticed that someone was calling them from the frisking room; apparently Tani had been cleared.