Action

i didn't speak to kyla through the period. i was angry that she would talk to zion, knowing what he did to me. i stared at my text book and barely looked up.
*bell rang*
i quickly packed my stuff and got up.

"hey mamas." i heard behind me. i turned around and of course it was zion.

"what?" i said without looking at him. i didn't hear a response so i turned around.

"are you okay?" he asked. i rolled my eyes and walked out. i could hear him following me.

"why are you talking to kyla?" i asked him.

"who?" he asked. i rolled my eyes and face palmed.

"my friend. black, tall, clear skin, beautiful." i said

"she sounds a lot like you." he said flirtatiously with a smile. i looked up at him and gave him a fake smile and walked away.

"wait up." he said annoyed. i turned and huffed.

"what do you want from me?" i asked annoyed. he got closer and looked deeply into my eyes.

"i wanna make things right. it's been years and i feel bad." he said softly with a little smile. for a moment i felt soft and wanted to hug him, but i snapped out of it and changed my facial expression.

"you know what would make me happy? you leaving me alone forever." i said walking away.

"i know that's not what you want." he yelled.

"it doesn't matter what i want. it's what's best." i said without looking back.

•After Skool•

i walked home. it was so cold and i only had a small jacket. "wanna ride?" zion said pulling up next to me.

i threw my head back in frustration. this man is so persistent and can't take no for an answer. "why would i get in the car with you, kuwonu?" i asked.

"because you secretly love me, mamas." he said with a smile. "plus, it's kinda cold for that type of jacket."

i nodded. he was right. "i told you to leave me alone." i said.

"and you should know that i don't give a crap about what you say." he said opening the door from the inside.

i chuckled and rolled my eyes. i hopped in the car and didn't say a word.

"sooo, nice weather we're having huh?" he asked. i looked at him and said, "totally." and looked back out the window. "i could give you rides more often." he said.

"no thanks, zion." i said.

"so, when will i meet your mom?" he asked. "i miss her."

i felt the color drain from my face. i didn't tell anyone about my mom leaving except kyla. "uh.." i said trying to come up with something.  i knew i couldn't lie to them forever. "some time." i said without thinking. he nodded.

"well, here we are." he said stopping the car and looked at me. i looked back and we stared at each other. i felt like crying for help, but the words couldn't come out. i felt like crying. my eyes started tearing up. i could tell zion knew something was up. "blythe....you know-" i cut him off. "i have to go." i rushed out of the car and into my house. i didn't look back.

[Zion]

i watched her leave. apart of me wanted to walk out and help her, but i knew she didn't want that. i walked into my house and threw my bag on the floor. "how was school?" my mom asked.

i sat down in front of her as she was making food.

"i'm worried for blythe." i said. she looked at me and sat across from me.

"something happen?" she asked holding my hands.

"we had this moment, where we just stared at each other and i could see tears forming in her eyes."

"you stared at each other?" she asked. i nodded. she formed a little smile and her face and knew why she was smiling like that.

"ma, i'm serious and i know what you're thinking and trust me, it's not that."

"you had a crush on her ever since you were a kid. what makes you think your feelings won't come back?" i rolled my eyes because she was right.

"i know they won't. i'm over her, but i still care....a lot." i said. she nodded and got up.

"we will be checking on her more often. waving at her, going to her house just to hang...anything, so we can see if there's anything else off, okay? don't over think it, sweetie." she said kissing my head.

[Blythe]

"stop!" i yelled at my father. he had me in a position where i couldn't move.

"you will learn to obey!!" he yelled in my face. the smell of alcohol filled my nostrils. i coughed at the smell and tried to look away.

"dad....stop." i said almost giving up. i tried fighting him off, but he was too strong.

"stop.....moving." he said. i reached for the nearest thing near me. i grabbed a beer bootle and hit him over the head with it. he was dazed and i quickly got up and ran up the stairs.

"get back here!!" he yelled after me, but of course i didn't listen. i was planning on calling the police, but then i realized my phone was downstairs....
i heard loud footsteps coming up the stairs. i was terrified.

"you're the reason your mother left me..." he said softly. i covered my mouth and cried quietly. i realized that this was a life or death situation. i quickly acted and opened the window. "it's not that high.....i would probably still break some bones..." i told myself. he started banging on the door. it didn't sound like he was punching it.....he has a weapon.

"come on, blythe!" i yelled at myself. i closed my eyes and jumped. i didn't immediately get up, of course. i groaned and felt so much pain in my leg. "ah crap." i whispered. i could still hear my dad screaming my name. i tried to get up, but i fell back down. "yeah, that's not happening." i said to myself. it became silent and it was becoming dark. i heard someone come out of their house, this was my time to get help, but then i heard zion's name...

1065 words🖤✨