Chapter 2: Hang Man

I sighed as I breathed the fresh air. It was Sunday and Cruella and Herald (I am not going to call him father or Daddy) were out at the Church. This was the only time I could go out without Cruella yelling at me like I'm some sort of dog.

I sighed and ventured into the forest to have some alone time. I heard a soft meow and saw a cat with golden fur and dark blue eyes slowly walk toward me.

"Hey there little kitty!" I crooned and bent down and scratched the cat's ear. She happily meowed. "You are just a cutey!!"

She meowed and ran up a tree. She went down with a flower in her mouth.

"Amazing," I breathed. Suddenly, I heard yells. "Stormfly! Stormfly! Come here girl! Come here with help!!" I heard. The cat started meowing and bit the hem of my maid's dress.

The cat pulled me through the woods until we came across a man. His legs or should I say, leg, was tied to a rope that had its end knotted on the highest branch of the tree he was hanging on.

"Yes! You found help!" He cheered. I looked at him and couldn't help but smile. He looked cute when he was happy. GAH! Snap out of it Hofferson; you vowed to be single forever, didn't you?

"Who are you?" I find myself asking. He looked familiar. Maybe I saw him at the market? Or what?

"Wait...oh!" He facepalmed himself, "You're that girl who yelled at me for trying to take the last piece of bread, aren't you?"

At this I facepalm too, "So that's why you look so familiar!"

We both burst into laughter as I say, "Sorry about that, Cruella just wanted me to bring bread back home or else I'll have no dinner."

"That's mean," he comments. I stop laughing. No one had ever told me those two words. Or at least, no one had ever told me something with the same idea as what he said.

"Hmm, guess so," I sigh. My shoulders droop and then I heard a soft meow. I looked up and saw a cat as black as ebony with green eyes trying to bite the rope that the man was hanging on.

"Why are you hanging anyway?" I ask him, knotting my eyebrows. I kneel and my eyes meet him lips and his eyes on mine.

"Pfft, I was just walking then this bear trap got me. You do know these woods are filled with hunters' traps," he said.

"Oh yeah," I reply, remembering the Bounty Hunters. They were cruel men who hunted down bears for their skin, but that was until King Stoick stopped them. They were hanged, and hanging people is pretty much the punishment if you commit a large crime like stealing, illegal logging, etc.

"Help me?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. I climbed up the tree, being mindful that I was wearing a dress and untied the knot that held him. He gasped as he came into contact with the ground with a loud thud.

"You could have been more careful," he stated when I was safely back on the ground.

"Hey, at least I got you down," I retorted.

He chuckled and said, "My name is Hiccup by the way."

I suddenly froze in place. Hiccup... OH GODS. I yelled at at him, I disrespected him, and I didn't courtesy. Curse the universe; I could get punished for this!

"You're Prince Hiccup?!" I yelled in shock.