Prologue

Prologue

Summary: [Y/N] is born! But there's something wrong... don't worry though! Big bro Keigo is there to protect you!

A/N: IF YOU SKIPPED THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER PLEASE GO BACK AND READ IT, IT'S PRETTY IMPORTANT!!!

---

*OPENING SONG PLAYS*

Keigo's P.O.V

Keigo age: 7 years 

[Y/N] age: 2 weeks

I bounced around nervously in my seat while rambling to my aunt about how excited I was to finally see my new sister. About two weeks ago mom was rushed to the hospital because the baby was coming. We were all excited but also scared cause the baby was early. Mom and the baby had to stay in the hospital for a while because of some complications. 

For the first few days, my aunt would pick me up from school and drive me home, where I waited for dad to arrive with news from the hospital. I always had a lot of questions about the baby, but one was about dad. I wondered why he seemed so irritated whenever he came home. Why wasn't he happy?

That aside, today would finally be the day I get to see my little sister! I was excited, and nothing could take that away from me.

"We're here!" Aunt Yoko interrupted me in the midst of my rambling. I let out an excited gasp before unbuckling my seat belt, opening the car door and running up to the front door of our house. I rang the doorbell repeatedly, waiting for someone to open up. Aunt Yoko laughed behind me and grabbed the tiny suitcase that I'd completely forgotten about.

After what felt like a hundred rings, my father opened the door. "Hi, Dad," I said. He still didn't look very happy but I ignored him and ran inside while he greeted my aunt. "Mom!?" I yelled out, but she didn't have to respond since I found her and the baby in the living room. Mom had a sad smile on her face like she was trying to appear happy but wasn't.

"Come see your sister, Keigo." She said, which I then did. I jogged towards my mom and looked at the baby in her arms. The baby looked at me with curious [E/C] eyes. She had a little [H/C] hair already growing on her head. "Her name is [Y/N], do you want to hold her while I go talk to the adults?" I nodded "Ok sit here." 

I sat on the couch so my mom could place [Y/N] in my arms. [Y/N] let out a few noises, almost like she was about to cry, but eventually calmed down and looked up at me, arms flailing around. I smiled at her. "Be careful with her." Mom said before walking out of the living room and into the kitchen, which was right across as you passed the hall, so I could hear them talking in there. But I ignored them and looked back at my sister.

[Y/N] raised her hand and grabbed my nose, which made me giggle. I sat playing with and mumbling things to [Y/N] for a while even if she probably didn't understand a thing I said to her. She'd laugh occasionally, although I wasn't always sure why. It made me wonder how life is like for babies. 

Meanwhile, the talking in the kitchen turned into semi-loud arguing. I did my best to ignore it, after all, it wasn't that unusual. Mom would always argue with dad about him spending too much money on alcohol, but it was usually just casual bickering. Now they were raising their voices, and I don't think they were arguing about the same old things. This seemed a lot more serious.

Suddenly, I heard dad slam his fist into the kitchen table and yell "THAT IS NOT MY CHILD, YOU CHEATING BITCH! Find WHOEVER'S IT IS AND SEND HER TO HIM!" Wait, what?

"I can't!" Mom yelled back.

"Guys, calm down, the kids are in the next room." Aunt Yoko said, calmly.

"WHY THE HELL NOT!?" Dad just ignored her and continued yelling. "I REFUSE TO RAISE HER! SHE'S NOT MY CHILD. SHE'S AN IMPOSTOR- AN ABOMINATION FOR FUCKS SAKE!" I wrapped my arms around [Y/N] who started whining and twisting around in my arms. I tried calming her down by rocking her, but it didn't seem to be helping.

"How can you say that about a child, Akio!?"

"SHE'S NOT A CHILD, SHE'S A MISTAKE!" Dad screamed louder this time, so [Y/N] started crying "Oh, shut the fuck up." The baby only cried louder. I heard heavy footsteps and looked up to see dad marching out of the kitchen and towards us in the living room. His face was red from rage. Out of a mix of fear and instinct, I wrapped my wings around her.

Dad stopped in front of us, breathing heavily. Mom, who seemed to have been crying a little and aunt Yoko walked after him. Aunt Yoko tried pulling him back, but he only pushed her away lightly. After the yelling stopped [Y/N] calmed down a little, but she was still whining a little.

"Give me the child, Keigo." 

"No," I said, got off the couch and started walking towards the door. I could sense dad trying to grab me by the hood, but before he could do anything I used my wings to shoot myself towards the door while holding [Y/N] tightly. Before going down the hall  I turned around and looked at my dad "[Y/N]'s my sister, like it or not. I won't let you take her away from me."

Dad shouted something afterward, but I didn't listen. I jogged down the hall to the backdoor and walked outside with my sister still crying. It wasn't cold outside and [Y/N] was wrapped in a fluffy blanket so it was probably fine for her to be outside. The sun was slowly setting, a mix of yellow, pink, orange and blue spread across the sky from the horizon. 

The sky didn't matter now though. I flapped my wings and flew up to sit on the roof. I sat cross-legged while rocking my sister as an attempt to calm her down. My chest felt heavy from what had just happened, but I couldn't think about that now, I had a crying infant in my arms after all. After a while, she quieted down and looked up at me the same way she did when we were inside.

I couldn't understand why at first, but when she stretched out her arms towards my face I finally realized I'd started to cry as well. "Don't worry about me, [Y/N], I'm fine, see?" I smiled at the baby "We'll be ok. I'll protect you."

We sat there for a while.

When we went back inside, things had gotten a little calmer, but dad was still not happy abt [Y/N], and that wasn't going to change anytime soon. But I didn't care about that. At least he's not threatening to throw her out anymore. Well even if he tries to, I won't let him.