> Chapter One: Too Clever For That <

> 1413 Words <

Izuku entered the bar with his hood up, his dull gaze roaming over the room in hopes of finding his black misty friend, but there was no such luck, instead, his gaze met red eyes covered by shaggy light blue hair. Poor Kuro is going to have to clean up some dust for the hundredth time if he's not careful. Izuku sighed and sat a few stools away from his old friend. Old friends seem to be a suitable name to their relationship though Shigaraki may believe it to be more 'rivals' at this present moment. Previously he would've called him 'Shi-Kun' as a friendly nickname, but that doesn't work anymore, for their friendly times are over.

"Shigaraki." No emotion betrayed his voice as he greeted the man. But as per usual the man just grunted in response. He wishes they could be friends again, but the chances are slim. He took a glimpse at the man from his peripheral vision and noticed that his dear old friend was limply holding a glass of what appeared to be water but he knew better than to assume that, likely alcohol of some sort. Izuku stifled a sigh, but after a moment he heard the slight clunk of the glass being placed on the counter-top.

"Why does Sensei like you so much?" Izuku's gaze quickly dragged down to his hands knowing the potential 'conversation' about to ensue. "You're just an experimental nomu, why the hell should you get a say in anything."

He didn't bother to reply, he knew it was a fruitless effort, the silence was all that was needed for this rant to end.

"Well, Izuku?" Forget about the silence part.

"I'm going for a walk." Izuku started feeling uncomfortable with his predicament. "This is what I'm talking about. You act like you have some sort of authority, some kind of say in your life. It sickens me." The sound of Shigaraki peeling the skin off his neck was starting to make itself heard, making Izuku cringe internally. So quite simply he walked out. He ducked through alleys and went through the maze of concrete walls that would lead him to the streets. Shigaraki isn't necessarily wrong in that sense, when he first arrived at the league he was an unexpected project for the League, but Sensei didn't seem surprised, as a matter of fact, he seemed to have already anticipated this in his weird ways. The whole experimental phase of his life made that clear, he was just a small puzzle piece in the big picture that could even be made without him in it.

Izuku pondered for a moment, they could obtain a replacement for him; he wasn't needed. He really was just the league's pawn, they could kill him easily. Shigaraki would definitely have fun doing that.

Turning around another corner Izuku finds himself on a main street with walking citizens with regular lives- how he yearned he was one of them. Being able to go home to see his mother again would be a dream, but she hated him. So did his dad. He had nowhere to go, being quirkless was the gravest thing to have occurred to him. But being compelled to hold quirks hurts more. When he was given the quirks he could feel his insides boiling and heating up and cooling down; like a rollercoaster, it would make him sway and shudder, the world tended to move on its own. He couldn't see, and all he could hear was sharp ear-piercing buzzing. He couldn't move at that moment; that was one of the most painful hours in his life.

Nonchalantly Izuku strolls across the traffic-filled streets, cars beeping at each other for being too sluggish. The commotion sent a sense of unwelcomeness Izuku has felt his entire life. Why did no one like him? Why did he get so troubled by it?

Why did he feel . . . so abandoned?

It felt like Izuku was missing some part of himself that he couldn't find. He doesn't know when he lost it- or what it even was. Izuku peered up towards the sky; it was approximately midday. With a sigh, Izuku started walking faster. He needed to run off some steam.

X-x-X

Katsuki, since the age of four, has been angry- no pissed off, at the world. His best friend was gone. No trace left behind to where he might be and Izuku's parents weren't saying anything!

Katsuki put his head on his arm limply, he made it to the prestigious school of UA, but it felt empty without his favorite person there calling him 'Kacchan.' Not that he would ever admit that.

Soon it would be another full year without Izuku- and that sent Katsuki on edge. How could then not have one lead after ten years! He has tried countless times to try and find his childhood friend but it was to no avail. His friend was out there defenseless without a quirk to protect himself- if he was still alive.

No, Katsuki thought as he shook his head and placed his pencil tip on his classwork and started to draw down the useless equations sloppily.

He can't be dead- Izuku is smart- he would find a way, he assured himself. The small ball of joy that could do multiplication in preschool without using paper would definitely outsmart the evils of the world- but why hadn't he gone to the police for help?

Silently, Katsuki finished his classwork and got up from his seat and placed it on the teacher's desk. He wouldn't look anyone in the eyes or shout about how he was better than everyone today- he was too busy thinking of Izuku.

The teacher glanced up to see Katsuki walking off without causing a scene. Ectoplasm questions the action and watches the blonde sit back down at his desk and take out a book and start reading.

The teacher sees the majority of the class casting glances at the usually explosive student in curiosity.

"Bakugo," The teacher started, Katsuki perks up at his name and looks at his teacher and nods for him to continue, "Are you okay? You're being oddly silent."

Katsuki nodded in annoyance, "I'm fine, so mind your own damn business."

Everyone knew something was wrong when he didn't scowl at them.

"Hey bakubro you sure-"

"I'm fine- if you excuse me, I'll be on my way now."

And just like that Katsuki left the room with his stuff. The class was about to send someone after him- after Iida yelled for him to come back, but the teacher said it was okay and to finish their work.

Everyone was a little worried and knew something was off- they were going to find out.

Meanwhile, Katsuki is walking down the school's hallways to the entrance when he suddenly stops and sits down on the floor, leaning against the wall.

Izuku would love this place...

He would freak out from the heroes- All Might was even teaching here! Izuku would flip, Katsuki thought with a soft smile on his face.

"I really do wish you were here, Izuku," the blonde muttered out as he stared at the spotless and shimmering floor of the school.

"Whose Izuku?" A familiar voice asked, Katsuki just looked up to see his homeroom teacher holding a cup of steaming hot coffee with a pile of papers in hand, "And why aren't you in class?"

Katsuki let out a groan, "I finished my work and left, no one stopped me. They were getting on my nerves so I just left." He rubbed his head with his hand in a tired way, he has been up for longer hours for the past few days trying to see if he could find something- anything to find his friend with.

Aizawa nodded his head, bewildered on why his student wasn't acting... like normal. He sat down next to one of his best students, "You didn't answer my first question."

"He is my friend- well childhood friend." Katsuki tensed when explaining it. Might as well tell him, he thought. "He went missing at the age of four after being declared quirkless."

At that Aizawa paled- quirk shaming was bad but the quirkless had it worse- especially someone from this generation, how would he survive?

"There are no leads either- after ten years! But he can't be dead," Katsuki let out an unsteady breath, "He's too clever for that."

'Right?'