Book 2: Secrets Are Perfect | Chapter 10

The day of my mom's funeral, I woke up with a heavy heart. I laid in my bed for a while thinking about her until I decided it was time to get up and not waste any more time. There was a knock on my door as I got out of my bed and whoever was on the other side of my door, opened the door without waiting for me to tell them to come in. I looked up and saw my boyfriend standing there dressed in a suit, most likely the one he had worn to Hayden and Natalie's wedding since I'm sure he only had one.

He smiled at me even though it wasn't one of his happiest ones and then said, "I'll make your bed for you. Why don't you go take a shower and get ready? I'll be in here when you're done and then we can go eat some breakfast before we go."

I nodded my head and then headed over to my closet to grab the black dress I would be wearing to my mom's funeral. My closet was a little bigger than the one I had at my old house, which was nice since I had more room to store things and I didn't need a dresser, which gave me more room in my room. My room also was bigger now, so I had a queen bed now instead of a twin. It was nice to have more room to stretch out in.

All the furniture that was in the guest room at Hayden and Natalie's house went into Ryan's room since he liked it more than I did so I got to pick all new furniture. I had a feeling that Ryan had just said he liked the furniture so I would be the one who got all new stuff because of what I went through.

I didn't mind though, but I also wasn't going to take advantage of the fact that my brothers wanted to buy me whatever I wanted because of what I went through. It was sweet of them, but it wasn't going to make what happened go away. I knew they just wanted to make me happy again, but I didn't think I was going to go back to the way I was before for awhile. It was just going to take some time until I felt like myself again and felt like I could be truly happy. I was going to need new furniture either way since all my furniture was gone.

Along with everything else that I had left in my room. I didn't think I would really miss what I lost since I had gotten pretty everything out of my room that I wanted. There were probably a few things left in my room that I would miss, but I couldn't get any of it back. It was all gone.

After getting my dress and kissing my boyfriend, I left my room and headed across the hallway to the bathroom. Ryan's room was in between mine and the bathroom at the end of the hallway on the second floor. I noticed that his door was still closed so he must not be awake yet or he was awake, and he was just lying in bed, not ready to face the day quite yet.

After going inside the bathroom, I shut the door and then hung my dress on the towel rack that was hooked up to the wall and had three hand towels hanging from it. I went over to the shower and bathtub to start my shower. Once the water was warm enough, I got undressed and then stepped into the shower after sliding the curtain open.

When I came out of the bathroom, all showered and dressed with my hair in a side braid since I really didn't feel like doing that much to it today, I headed back to my room with my pajamas in one of my hands. Ben was sitting in the chair that sat at my white desk, which was next to the door that led into my closet when I walked back into my room. I threw my pajamas onto my bed and then went over to sit in my boyfriend's lap. It was nice that he was here so early to be there for me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in to rest my head in the crook of his neck as I felt one of his hands rest on my waist and the other rest on my leg.

"You're still okay with it just being you and me for breakfast?" he asked me, squeezing my leg. I nodded my head and then he leaned in to kiss me. I kissed him back and just enjoyed the moment, forgetting about what I was going to be doing later today.

We pulled away after a good make out session and I gave him a smile even though it probably wasn't my best. Then we both got up from the chair and I grabbed my purse off of my desk from where I had sat it the last time I had come home. After making sure everything was in it, I led the way out of my room and down the hallway to the staircase. We headed into the kitchen so I could say good morning to Hayden and Natalie before Ben and I left my house to go eat breakfast and then probably head to the cemetery for my mom's funeral.