Chapter 3

The next day Dipper skipped out on working at the shack and ran off to the clearing with the statue, when he got there it felt like the statue was happy to see him. Dipper shook off the feeling and sat down in front of the statue and told it everything that happened after Dipper left yesterday. When Dipper got to the part about the piano lessons an image of long pale fingers with black fingernails flashed through his mind.
"Who were you, if you were anyone?" Dipper asked the statue, of course the statue didn't answer so Dipper sighed and stood up.
"I'll come back tomorrow if I can, Grunkle Stan is probably already upset that I skipped out on work today, I probably won't get away with it tomorrow." Dipper told the statue before running off towards the Shack, when he got there he saw Grunkle Stan, Grunkle Ford and Mabel standing on the porch calling out his name.
"Dip-dot, where have you been?" Mabel yelled out the question worriedly, while holding Dipper in a hug that he couldn't pull away from.
"I was in that clearing with the statue." Dipper answered, when Mabel let him go.
"Why were you there?" Grunkle Stan asked, Dipper had to think about his answer because he couldn't tell them that he went to the clearing to talk to a statue, they would think that he was crazy and this family was already crazy.
"It's peaceful there." Dipper answered, it was the truth it was peaceful in that clearing.
"As long as you're not hurt alright, but you're working harder tomorrow." Grunkle Stan said, Dipper thought he saw a look of understanding on his Grunkle's face before it disappeared, but it happened so quickly that Dipper thought he was seeing things so he ignored it.
"Let's hurry up and get inside, it's almost time for dinner." Mabel said, while pulling Dipper into the Shack and into the kitchen. Tonight Mabel took over the kitchen, Grunkle Stan and Grunkle Ford protested but Mabel wasn't taking no for an answer, so Mabel was cooking dinner which also meant that dinner had a lt of ediable glitter on it. Once everyone had managed to eat dinner, Dipper headed to the basement, where he tried to think of a song.
"What about this?" Dipper muttered the question, then he pressed the keys the fingers from the image that flashed across his mind last night, the notes played beautifully together but Dipper couldn't think of anything else.
"I thought more would come to me.....guess not." Dipper whispered.
"Did you remember something Dipper?" Dipper jumped, turned around and saw Grunkle Ford.
"Sorry for scaring you Dipper." Grunkle Ford apologized.
"It's alright, how long have you been here?" Dipper asked.
"Since you played those few notes." Grunkle Ford answered.
"Oh, well I guess I knew this song but I forgot it....I guess I'm remembering it....unfortuantly not all of it." Dipper said.
"You'll remember it eventually.....Dipper have you gained any memories of Bill?" Grunkle Ford asked.
"No, couldn't we just summon him?" Dipper asked.
"It wouldn't work, Bill's gone." Grunkle Ford answered, frowning.
"Oh." Dipper whispered.
"Dipper why are you crying, did something happen?" Grunkle Ford asked worriedly, Dipper touched his eyelids and realized they were wet.
"I don't know, nothing happened." Dipper answered.
"Do you want to try to summon Bill?" Grunkle Ford asked worriedly, and Dipper suddenly felt sick.
"No I don't want to try it." Dipper whispered.
"Good, I thought you'd want to try it....you're smart but you're also curious." Grunkle Ford said.
"If he's gone, then there is not point in trying to summon him besides if he was still here wouldn't he be bothering us?" Dipper asked.
"I see your point...it would be a bad idea if we tried to summon him." Grunkle Ford replied, Dipper hummed but it wasn't in agreement, he just didn't know what to say.
"Here, let me show you how to play more songs." Grunkle Ford said, changing the subject which Dipper was grateful for, he didn't want to talk about Bill anymore tonight. After Grunkle Ford taught Dipper how to play some more songs they went to bed, Dipper immediantly got into his bed but as soon as he laid down he felt arms wrap around his waist and a male voice whispering his name in his ear. Dipper turned his head but he didn't see anyone, so Dipper shook his head in confusion because once he turned his head the phantom arms and voice disappeared.
"Guess it was just my imagination." Dipper muttered to himself before falling asleep.