Forever And Always

AN: I do not own Doctor Who or any of the characters. I don't own you either.
Your POV
The Doctor stepped away from you, and approached the old woman that Rory had been speaking to. You turned around, and stood by Amy's side. The redhead smiled comfortingly at you, as the woman questioned, "Who are your friends? Trainee doctors?" The Doctor frowned slightly, as you stayed silent. "Can I borrow you? You're about the same size as my grandson." The woman questioned, gesturing to the jumper on her lap. The Doctor let out a sigh, and knelt to the woman's height. The woman pulled the jumper over his head, and as soon as the jumper was on, The Doctor pushed her backwards so she was firmly in the chair. He studied her face sceptically, before asking, "You're incredibly old, aren't you?" Every pair of eyes in the room turned to look at him disapprovingly, as you rolled your eyes at his lack of manners. As you did so, birdsong echoed in your head. Rory stumbled onto the floor, as Amy began to slowly collapse. You held your hand out, clutching at The Doctor's jacket, as you fell asleep beside Amy and Rory.

You re-awoke in the TARDIS, with The Doctor's arm wrapped protectively around your shoulders. Slowly you sat up, as Amy complained, "OK, I hate this. Doctor, stop it. Because this is definitely real, it's definitely this one." The Doctor stood up, pulling you to your feet, before running upstairs without you. "I keep saying that, don't I?" Amy asked rhetorically, staring at you. You nodded in agreement, as Rory stated, "It's bloody cold." You studied the TARDIS console, as you realised small patches of ice were forming all around. You brushed your fingers along it, as you noticed your breath condensing in the air. It was ridiculously cold. You rubbed your arms in a failed attempt to keep warm, as The Doctor called, "The heating's off!" "The heating's off." Rory repeated sarcastically.
"Put on a jumper. That's what I do!" The Doctor advised, appearing on the balcony above you. You crossed your arms, as Rory said,
"Yes, sorry about Mrs Poggit. She's so lovely though."
"Her name's Mrs Poggit?" You questioned. "That's an... unusual name."
"I wouldn't believe her nice old lady act if I were you." The Doctor stated coldly.
"What do you mean, act?" Amy questioned.
"Everything's off, sensors, core power. We're drifting." The Doctor answered, completely ignoring her question.
"Drifting where?" You asked, as he ran off in the opposite direction.
"No idea. The scanner's out so we can't even see out. We could be anywhere." He replied, re-joining you, Amy and Rory. "Someone, something, is overriding my controls!" As he shouted this, The Dream Lord re-appeared behind him. You freaked out, knowing that his arrival did not bring good things. "Well, that took a while." He commented, stepping down off the stairs. "Hello again, Y/N! Did you miss me?" He greeted, a slight smirk on his face. "Leave her alone." The Doctor instructed, staring at him coldly. You stepped towards The Doctor, taking his hand. The Dream Lord rolled his eyes, and stepped towards you, outstretching a hand to touch you. The Doctor pulled you behind him, glaring at The Dream Lord angrily. "I said, leave her alone." He demanded.
"Told you he was boring, Y/N." The Dream Lord replied. "Honestly, I'd heard such good things."
"How did you get into my TARDIS?" The Doctor asked. "What are you?"
"What shall we call me? Well, since you're the Time Lord, you can call me The Dream Lord." The Dream Lord answered, still staring at you.
"Nice look." The Doctor commented.
"This? No, I'm not convinced. Bow ties?" The Dream Lord questioned, as The Doctor pulled something out of his pocket. He threw it at The Dream Lord, and it went straight through, leaving you slightly confused. "Interesting. I'd love to be impressed, but Dream Lord-it's in the name, isn't it? Spooky, not quite there." With that statement, he disappeared. Within a moment, he had reappeared behind Amy and Rory. You turned around, as he commented, "And yet very much here."
"I'll do the talking, thank you." The Doctor instructed, letting go of you and approaching him. "Amy, want to take a guess at what... that is?"
"Um.. Dream Lord. He creates dreams." Amy answered.
"Dreams, delusions, cheap tricks." The Doctor replied. "And he can tell when people are dying, how is that?" The Dream Lord smirked.
"I have a gift." He replied confidently. "I know how to notice the obvious. Get into people's heads. There's a lot that darling Y/N hasn't told you. Shall I tell him about the gold dust, Y/N?" The Doctor's eyes widened slightly, as he looked back at you.
"Gold dust?" He repeated, as you glared at The Dream Lord. "Y/N?" You stayed silent.
"What about the gooseberry here? Does he get to say anything?" The Dream Lord questioned, looking at Rory.
"Listen, mate, if anyone's the gooseberry around here, it's The Doctor." Rory replied, as The Doctor looked down.
"Now, there's a delusion I'm not responsible for." The Dream Lord replied confidently, as you began to wonder about The Doctor and Amy. Was The Dream Lord telling the truth? "No, he is. Isn't he, Amy?" Rory answered, clearly unsure of the answer himself.
"Oh, Amy. You have to sort your men out. Choose, even." The Dream Lord replied.
"I have chosen. Of course, I've chosen." Amy stated, as Rory looked at her in confusion. "It's you, stupid." She said, hitting him lightly.
"Oh, good." Rory commented, as The Dream Lord disappeared. He reappeared by Rory's side, and Rory jumped aside in shock.
"You can't fool me. I've seen your dreams. Some of them twice. Blimey. I'd blush. If I had a blood supply or a real face." The Dream Lord said, as you realised that he had said the exact same thing to you earlier. "Where did you pick up the cheap cabaret act?" The Doctor questioned, stepping towards him. "Me? Oh, you're on shaky ground." The Dream Lord answered.
"Am I?" The Doctor asked.
"If you had any more tawdry quirks, you could open up a tawdry quirk shop!" The Dream Lord said. "The madcap vehicle, the cockamamie hair, the clothes designed by a first year fashion student, I'm surprised you haven't got a little purple space dog just to ram home what an intergalactic WAG you are. Where was I?" Rory went to speak, but he cut him off. "I know where I was. So here's your challenge. Two worlds. Here in the time machine, and there in the village that time forgot. One is real, the other's fake. And just to make it more interesting, you're going to face a deadly danger in each world. But only one of the dangers is real. Tweet, tweet, time to sleep." The Dream Lord instructed, as you heard the birdsong again. "Oh. Or are you waking up?" You fell onto your knees, and for the first time in all of this, you didn't reach out for The Doctor. Instead you curled into a ball, facing away from The Time Lord. After all this was done, you were going home. Hopefully then you would be back where you belonged, and you would be safe. After all, The Doctor didn't need you. He had Amy. And Rory, and River. It wasn't as if he was going to marry you or anything. Little did you know, as you drifted into darkness, The Time Lord himself was reaching out for you. Worry and concern for you was the final thing on his mind, before sleep over took him too.
AN: And I'm going to end it there! Thank you for reading; I hope you enjoyed! And I'll see you in the next one!