i want you

a/n: this work is unfinished, and i was planning to post this part after i'd written much more. this was the first chapter i wrote of this story, and i wanted to share it with you because i'm no longer updating this story. it's a bit of a time jump and doesn't currently fit in to the story very accurately but i hope you all enjoy it anyway. this is the end of this story. thank you all for being such dedicated readers. all my love <3

"mon-el we cant do this anymore," kara said, looking down.
"why not, kara?!" mon-el shouted.
"it's, it's because of how different we are. i'm glad i found someone like me, but you're the most popular guy in school! i'm just a nerd with three friends who cares too much about my grades. we. don't. belong. together. it's just logic!"
"kara don't you dare give me any of that logic crap! i want you!" mon-el yelled unexpectedly, eliciting a look of shock from kara. "i don't care that we're from two different sides of the social hierarchy. you can't just pretend you don't want to be with me after learning my secret. after spending the whole summer with me. we're the same. we're literally the same species. i've never met anyone like you. you're special and gorgeous and smart. you're kind and amazing and only you get my humor. i don't care what anyone says or thinks about us kara. i love you."
kara looked up finally, a tear forming in her eyes. "you, you love me?"
"yes, okay. yes, i love you. how could i not? we've been together the whole summer and truth be told i've loved since before then, kara." mon-el replied, slightly calmed down. "i know you think we can't be together but-" suddenly mon-el's words got cut off as kara supersped and crashed into him, her lips landing on his.