Chapter 34

{Christine}

I rolled over and Jonny was still sleeping. I smiled to myself as I pulled out my phone and took a picture of us. I couldn't help the urge to tweet it.

@ChristineB: Lovely morning with this sleepy head @jonnytoews19

He looked so peaceful sleeping. I thought back on the last month. I had spent more time with him in one month than I had over the entire hockey season. I had to admit that I loved every second of it. Being able to actually be with him and consistently spend time with him made my heart so happy.

"Baabe," Jonathan groaned, stretching his arms out. I smiled to myself and leaned up on my forearm.

"Morning, love," I said with another smile just because Jonathan was so fucking adorable when he first woke up.

"Good morning, lovely," he grinned, reaching his arm out to pull me down to kiss me.

"I could definitely get used to this," I whispered. He moved his hand to hold my face.

"Me too, babe, me too," he replied, kissing me again. I leaned into him and he lazily wrapped his arms around my torso. "Ready for today?" he asked, his lips brushing against mine as he spoke.

Today was the day that I would finally feet Jon's parents, and I had to admit that I was really, really nervous. What if Mrs. Toews didn't like me. I glanced over at Jonathan.

"I'm scared," I said. He looked back over at me and pulled me in for another kiss. He smiled against me and held me closer.

"I know that they'll love you," he whispered, running his hand through my hair. I smiled and pressed a quick kiss to his lips.

"Well, I need to get ready first," I told him, pulling the covers back and stepping out of bed.

"You know, we aren't going to my mom's until five, right?" he questioned with a smirk.

"So, what in the hell are you planning for the rest of the day?" I asked as I pulled my mess of hair into a pony tail. His lips pulled into a grin.

"It's a surprise," he said, "so go get dressed."

***********

A half hour later, Jon was driving down a twisty road through the forest. It was so beautiful with the sun shining down between the branches. It felt like we were the only two people in the world, driving down some endless road in Jon's old, black, pick-up truck.

"Are we there yet?" I whined, reaching across the car and putting my hand on his thigh.

"If you don't move your hand, it's going to take a hell of a lot longer," he teased. He winked, but I noticed his face turning pink.

He made me put on a blindfold before we got there, which I thought was ridiculous. But, I trusted Jon so I went through with it.

I felt grass underneath my feet as he held onto my hips and guided me forwards. We abruptly stopped and he pulled off my blindfold before wrapping his arms around my waist from behind. I leaned back into him as I took in the scene around me.

There were trees to my left and right and even behind me, but in front of me was a clearing which led down to a deep blue lake. Holy shit, was it beautiful.

"This is amazing, Jon," I whispered, reaching up behind me and placing my hand on his cheek. He gave me a squeeze before grabbing my hand and turning me around like we were dancing.

"I even packed lunch," he said with a grin as he held up a basket.

"You're such a dork, babe," I teased. He pouted. "But, you're my dork, so I might as well put up with it. Now, I'm hungry."

I pecked his lips before he spread out a blanket and unpacked lunch for the two of us, the only two people in the world.

*****

I am so sorry for the lack of writing! I got super busy and things got hectic. I will be continuing this, so do not worry. There's plenty of things that I have planned ;). Thank you guys!