A Taste of Honey (part 2- FLUFF)

"John..." I groaned softly, my voice now trembling in fear. His rough hands had moved from my back to my cheeks, cradling them lovingly as if they were breakable. Inside of my body there was an unfamiliar warmth building, and I could feel it flourishing at a dangerously rapid pace.

"Rose." He whispered before pulling me into another perfect kiss. This time his tongue brushed against my lower lip, begging my mouth for access that I unfortunately couldn't grant.

I knew the flame had already been ignited, but I needed to stop it before it got out of control. I reluctantly backed away from our kiss and fell back against the countertop. My knees were feeble and shaking and my heart was thundering away in my chest.

"What's the matter?" John asked, his face flushed with disappointment.

"I...I'm sorry. I can't do this." I said as I stared into his sad eyes.

"What? Why not?"

"I just can't, okay! Not here. Not like this."

"Is it me? Have I done something?"

"No John, you're lovely." I felt awful at the thought of John thinking he'd done something wrong. He'd been nothing short of perfect.

"Then what's happened?" He pressed.

"I just... I can't." I muttered under my breath, feeling the tears of shame forming behind my eyes. John stared at me with a look of confusion, and I honestly couldn't blame him. I was acting like a lunatic.

"But...why not?" He took a step towards me and my body reacted by moving further away.

"Jesus, Rose." He sighed, noticing how rattled I was.

"I'm sorry! It's just... it's too hard to explain!"

"Could you at least try to explain? You can tell me anything, Rose!" He pleaded.

"John..."

"Please!"

I looked at him and let out a long sigh. Given how I was acting, I suppose it was only fair that I at least explained myself to him. It wasn't like he had done anything wrong, this was all me.

"Okay fine." I muttered nervously and gestured towards the tables in the front of the bakery. John followed close behind me as we walked over to an empty one, and we both sat down across from each other.

"Until tonight I..." I struggled to speak, biting my lower lip in an attempt to stifle my crying. It didn't work, and tears began pouring out.

"Hey, hey. Whatever it is you can tell me, alright?" John spoke sweetly, reaching across the table to hold my hand. I allowed it, though mine was shaking like a leaf within his grip.

"Goodness love, what's the matter?"

"The kiss." I said softly, looking out of the window in shame. "It was my very first one."

I closed my eyes and sucked in a breath, preparing myself for the worst possible reaction. I expected him to laugh at me, or maybe even make some sort of joke. Instead he remained silent, which was almost worse.

"So now you know why I've been acting crazy. Go ahead and run away if you'd like, I'd understand." I said, wiping away my tears with my free hand as they continued to fall steadily.

"Why would I run away?" He asked genuinely, taking me by surprise.

"I dunno, because I'm a naive, inexperienced little girl who up until tonight had never even been kissed by anyone! God It's pathetic, John! I'm a loser!" I cried.