14. Catching Jordan

14. Catching Jordan by MirandaKenneally

'And I'm back! I'm back! Bringing you stories that you've never heard...'
Or maybe you have or haven't but that's not the point, the point is that this is a review book and that's what I am here to do, write a review. And if you have not already realised, I am stalling you. I am stalling you so that I have a better chance to escape before the lot of you come at me with angry faces and pitchforks and burning torches in your hands :P
Whaddup people, it's me, Ratzi again :P
I know, I say this every friggin' time but then I repeat the whole thing again :/ but 'please baby, give me another chance' xD
No but seriously, you guys are awesome :*
I disappear for like 3-4 months and still you guys follow the book and read it, that is just amazing! So thanks again :D
(Tears up seeing 12 effin' thousand reads on here :")

Kay, enough blabbering, and now that you guys are calmed (oooh did I just see someone blowing out those dangerous looking torches) down, lemme start by today's review.
It's called Catching Jordan (ta daaa) and written by Miranda Kenneally. An amazing book to start with and a very sort of, light and refreshing read!
Though being in India, I don't even know the 'A' of American football, but I was still glued to it and wanted to keep reading.
It's neither one of those super long, drama books nor those too short one day, one time read. I guess it comes somewhere in the middle, not too short, not too long :P Plus it has the perfect combo of teenage drama and humour to it. It's extremely different to the conventional stereotypical teen fiction books like The Bad Boy's Girl or Mr. Popular and I and spreads a really good message about girl power. It breaks all prejudices against women which I absolutely love. And seriously guys, Miranda's books are available in Barnes and Nobles and Amazon! So she must be the real deal!
Now, I haven't read the book on my laptop (and never do) but have read it on my iPad on the Wattpad app, so correct me if I am wrong, I don't know what cast of the book is but honestly, the first actor that came in mind to portray Jordan's dad was Dwayne Johnson :P (am I right or am I right?)
Miranda, you are officially my new favourite author :*
So, the story is about this insanely tall girl called Jordan, daughter of a popular NFL player who also happens to have her father's talent of excelling in American Football. But since the start she has never gotten her father's support in what she loves to do because according to him, it's a very dangerous sport. Even though she has proved that she is amazing at this sport by being the only female and the captain of her school football team, her dad is still against her going to Alabama state university to pursue her lifelong dream of making football her proffession. But here's the twist, everything was going well and she was having very good chances of getting into Alabama before the hot, handsome, Ty Green joins the team. Unfortunately he is a quarterback as well, and has slowly started to take Jordan's position in the team. Will she be able to hold to that position or will she fall for this guy, her rival. Or maybe the story ends in a completely different way altogether ;) (sorry I just had to)
I would give it a 9/10

Summary: ONE OF THE BOYS

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?

"Whoever said football and girls don't mix hasn't read Catching Jordan. I couldn't put it down!" - Simone Elkeles, New York Times bestselling author of the Perfect Chemistry series.

** Serialized with the permission of the publisher.

Ps. Anyone wanna know what I was doing in these 4-5 months I was out?
I was on a top secret mission in Hawaii with James Bond (shhhh It's top secret kay?)