CHAPTER 8

Chapter 8

©️ EndlessFantasy

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

     It was springtime in Beijing. The sky often was a noticeable light gray color as a thin veil of haze covered the sky like a great curtain.

Ji Bai was leisurely sitting on the white lounge chair in his own courtyard. There was a pot of tea beside him and a still swimming pool in front of him. The flowers had blossomed all around the peach trees by the water and the petals which were now scattered all over the ground were exuding a light aroma.

He took a sip of his tea and closed his eyes. He could only hear Xu Xu’s voice in his ear. Her voice which was as calm as water actually made the night seem even quieter.

While on Xu Xu’s side, Ji Bai’s words triggered a deep desire to prove herself. “I’ll give you two minutes”.

Xu Xu took a deep breath and answered, “Okay.” Then, she quickly came up with a battle plan in her mind before launching into a fully-focused combat state.

“First of all, according to the statistics of China’s criminals who endanger the safety of the general public over the past ten years, 989 of them are male and 966 of them have a high school level of education or lower. Therefore, we can hypothesize that the criminal is a male with a lower level of education.”

“Yeah,” Ji Bai moved his head to light a cigarette, “continue.”

“Secondly, the motive of the criminal is very clear.”

If he wanted to take revenge on ordinary people, then there were three other larger parks with a higher number of visitors nearby. If he were to commit crimes in these parks, then it would be much more difficult for us to trace him. However, the criminal did not choose these parks. Instead, he took went for the risky option and chose to commit crimes in the few parks closer to the CBD.”

“These parks were designed by the government and built using the funds donated by some of the financial groups in the CBD. Sometimes ordinary citizens will also visit the park, but most of the residents around CBD are foreigners and businessmen. They are all wealthy. In the mind of the public, these parks symbolize the CBD in its entirety.”

“This leads us to two points: Firstly, the criminal is very familiar with the area. He most likely works or lives in there. Secondly, he was targeting random victims within a specific range. His intentions were obvious. He wanted to take revenge on the higher income group of the city, or exact revenge on the CBD. ”

Ji Bai smiled silently but his tone was calm. “Why can’t he be an unemployed person? Why must he be a white-collar worker who was fired by the company? Why must he be a security guard?”

Xu Xu quickly replied, “Among the unemployed group, it is possible that some of them may hate society, but it is unlikely that they will hate the CBD in particular since they did not even have the chance to fully experience it and witness all its decadence. You will not hate something that you barely understand or something too unreachable. Moreover, very few people were left unemployed by the CBD”

“As such, white-collar workers who were fired are unlikely to take revenge against the company or someone specific. Regular businessmen would not hate the higher income group of people because they are also one of them. How can they hate themselves?”

“The most suitable description of the criminal is that he is someone who is unable to reach the prosperity and wealth of the CBD but is close enough to see it and develop a hate for it. Therefore, they are one of the low-income workers working in the CBD.”