Reuniting with the Pack

School that day was interesting  for Maya . She liked Angela she was nice. Jessica reminded her of a mean girl stereotype. The guys were guys. Otherwise the work was easy and Maya knew what she was doing. Bella and Jessica apparently had a falling out. Bella is now a thrill junkie. She jumped on the back of a complete strangers motorcycle at night. It was a biker guy. All Maya could imagine was the big hulking man about to molest Bella or her dying on the back of the motorcycle. Maya came home and noticed Charlie passed out on the couch. Maya calmly covered him in the throw blanket and put his beer away. Maya aywanted to visit Jacob but not with Bella there. My phone lit up with a text message from Jacob. 

JB: Bella wants you to walk with her. I need a break from her for a bit. 

MS: Okay I'm on my way. Feeling better?

JB: A bit I've been hanging out with Sam and his crew. 

MS: The dude on drugs and dumped Leah for her cousin. Good luck with that creep. Be careful I don't want him hurting you or if he does remind him my dad is the Sheriff and I'll sing like a canary. 

JB: Ha ha ha ha 🤣🤣🤣

MS: I'll go walk with Bella. Get better soon. 

JB: I will. 👼

Maya got into her vehicle and drove down to Jacob's house. Bella was not happy to see her but agreed to let Maya walk with her. Bella led Maya to Edward and Bella's meadow. It was brown and dead. Bella began muttering to herself. I felt that Bella was slowly losing her mind. Suddenly I felt someone behind us. Instinctually in moments I had my bow out and fully drawn back. There was a talk black with an open vest on with no shirt underneath. The thing that caught me off guard was the fact his eyes were red like blood red. Everything in me was telling me to grab Bella and run, that this man was a killer or a monster.
BELLA Laurent?
LAURENT Bella.
She beams, realizing he's real.
BELLA Laurent!
LAURENT I must admit, I didn't expect to find you here.
BELLA I live here. But you - I thought you were in Alaska with Carlisle's friend.
LAURENT Tanya, I was. It was kind of him to arrange, given my association with James and Victoria, "The Enemy." BELLA You tried to help us. Laurent begins to stroll in a slow arc around her, his eyes assessing her as -- LAURENT I went to visit the Cullens, but their house is empty. I'm surprised they left you behind. Weren't you sort of a pet of theirs? Bella's smile falters, fear beginning to dawn on her.
BELLA Um... something like that. LAURENT Do the Cullens visit often?
BELLA Absolutely. All the time.  BELLA I'll tell them you stopped by
Bella tries to look relaxed.
BELLA Will they be able to reach you in Alaska?
LAURENT I don't think so. Tanya's "vegetarian" family was pleasant enough. But the dietary restrictions were difficult - living on nothing but animals. Suddenly, he's standing inches from her. She now sees his EYES. Dark blood-red.
LAURENT Tell me Bella. Do you ever feel compelled to... cheat? Bella involuntarily takes a step away from him.
LAURENT But that's not why I left. I came back here as a favor to Victoria. BELLA ... You're still friends. LAURENT (shrugs) More or less. She asked me to get the lay of the land with the Cullens. Because, well... I'm afraid Victoria is quite put out with you.
BELLA That's... too bad.
LAURENT Yes. She feels it's only fair to kill Edward's mate, given he killed hers. Eye for an eye, mate for a mate. And now Bella knows. Terror overwhelms her. Edward appears -- BELLA Edward will know who did it. He'll come after both of you. LAURENT I don't think he will. After all, how much could you mean to him if he left you here unprotected? (then) Victoria sent me here for information. She won't be happy about my killing you.
BELLA No, Laurent..
LAURENT No, no, no. Don't be upset. I'm doing you a kindness. Victoria plans on killing you slowly, painfully - whereas I'll make it very quick. (inhaling) And you smell so... mouth watering. He faces her, taking in her scent, bloodlust building. Her eyes dart around, escape is impossible -- The only thing she SEES is the apparition of Edward, looking at her with alarm...
BELLA (whispering, barely audible) Edward. I love you. Laurent is milliseconds from biting - then abruptly, his expression changes. He sees something in the forest behind Bella - and it terrifies him.
LAURENT I... don't believe it
Maya had watched the conversation and the moment the guy was distracted Maya shot an arrow through his shoulder. He screamed but Maya was already was dragging Bella to the woods. Suddenly there were these huge as car wolves. By this point Maya's adrenaline is running so high that she felt like she could fly before she had a heart attack and died.

The big black wolf in front growled and suddenly Maya can see the other wolves much more clearly

The big black wolf in front growled and suddenly Maya can see the other wolves much more clearly. When Bella stopped coming with Maya, Maya was forced to stop and look at the wolves as well. This beautiful rust brown looking wolf just stared at me. He was the only one I felt comfortable around like I knew that this one was here to protect me from Laurent.

 He was the only one I felt comfortable around like I knew that this one was here to protect me from Laurent

Suddenly it's attention was on Laurent who blurred away he was moving way to fast to be human. Maya didn't hesitate Maya almost yanked Bella' s arm out of socket making her run to her truck. Maya jumped in her car and followed Bella back to our house. Bella immediately ran inside and told Dad about these wolves. Maya really just wanted to sit down and take it all in. Maya's mind was going to fast and was jumbled.  Normally Maya would go to Jacob's house and relax with him, but Jacob wasn't suppose to be having visitors so Maya couldn't visit him yet. Bella was calling Jacob again but it went straight to voicemail which made Maya smile a little. Jacob at least texted Maya. Maya knew it was going to be a long couple of days until her Dad and the guys went hunting so went to research what Laurent was. There was something going on here and if Bella was the only one who knew then this could mean trouble. Bella is a trouble magnet.