Owen

Sang's POV

A few hours later I was back at the diner, to meet Owen Blackbourne. Uncle had given me some new clothes to wear. A soft grey A-line skirt that ended just above my knees, paired with a darker grey fitted top with a Peter Pan collar and short ruffled sleeves. I felt like a different person, like an actual girl. I was sat in one of the booths near the kitchen, when Luke came bounding out and sat down right next to me.

"Sang, I'm glad to see you again, I just need to warn you, Mr Blackbourne might look scary and he might not seem friendly, but he's a good man, one of the best actually." Luke said.

The door to the diner opened and in walked a man, who if I had to describe in one word, was perfect. He was tall, but not as tall as North. He has a fine pale complexion, with soft brown hair, styled short and away from his face. His steel grey eyes are beautiful and his black rimmed glasses suit his angular face. He looks beautiful, like a model, but very intimidating. This must be Mr Blackbourne.

I stand up and wait for the perfect man to sit down.

'You must be Miss Sang, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Mr Blackbourne ', the perfect man says.

"Good evening Mr Blackbourne, its a pleasure to meet you, I look forward to working with you" I say.

"Let's get Mr Blackbourne caught up with what has happened since I last spoke to him." Uncle John says looking at me.

"Okay, my family has always walked a fine line with the law. My step mother is the daughter of a prominent mafia family based in Chicago. My dad was a two bit criminal for hire, until he met my step mother. I don't know the full extent of what he is into, but I do know that he is currently working for  somebody called Morris, producing something called JH14. Also I heard that he recently bought a warehouse in North Charleston. I've written down everything that I overheard in my diary. There was a lot of slang used. That is where Luke comes in. I'm hoping he'll help me retrieve my diary from my room. Uncle John has had someone watching the house and nobody has gone into my room to take anything. More than likely that they can't figure out how to get through my traps." I say

"Miss Sang can I ask you a few questions please" Mr Blackbourne says.

"Of course Mr Blackbourne" I answer

"Firstly, how old are you?" He asks.

"I'm 15, I'll be 16 in October" I say..

"Secondly, what school are you attending" he asks.

"I'm not at school, I'm currently studying educational psychology at The College of Charleston" I reply.

Mr Blackbourne pauses and looks at Uncle John, they have another silent conversation with their eyes, before Mr Blackbourne turns back to me.

"Okay Miss Sang, I have nothing further to ask you, Luke are you willing to help Miss Sang" he asks.

"Of course I will help her, we can be ninjas together, what do you say Cupcake' Luke says, grinning from ear to ear.

"Of course Luke, I'm so excited" I reply.

"Uncle John, can I invite Luke and North over for dinner tomorrow evening please." I ask.

"Of course, sweet pea. You don't need to ask, its your home too" he replies.

I hug Uncle John and turn to see Luke walking into the kitchen. He then returns with 3 large chocolate chip pancakes covered in fruit.

"Thank you so much Luke, you remembered" I say

Luke smiled as he handed me some cutlery.

I quickly devoured the heavenly pancakes and fruit, before waving goodbye and leaving the delightful diner behind.

As we climbed in the car, I thought to myself tomorrow is going to be awesome.