*•.¸♡ chapter two

and here is the second chapter of glitches! i'm not as happy with it as i am with the first one, but i hope you like it

(¯'*•.¸,¤°'✿.。.:* )

note: this chapter contains verbal and physical abuse, internalised homophobia and a mention of suicide. the abuse, as it is the most detailed, will be given its own individual warning, so you can skip the scene which contains it, but as the others are only briefly mentioned, they should not hopefully be too upsetting. however, please do not feel any pressure to read the end of the chapter (after the summary of the first potentially triggering scene) as this is where they occur. stay safe xxx

also, this chapter contains some strong language.

william jones, known more commonly as will, was freaking out. which he thought was understandable, given that he'd just opened an app that, okay, he probably shouldn't have opened but he had never been one to put caution above the fun and exciting stuff, you know? anyway, the girl in the app that tabby - tabitha, his ten-year-old step-sister - would no doubt call 'kawaii' could apparently hear him and knew his name.

so, yeah, you could forgive him for not being one-hundred percent calm right now.

still, he wasn't going to let this girl or whatever she was know that. instead, he took a deep breath and steadied himself, like he'd had to do so many times before, and said in a cool, collected tone, "this is really not where i saw my day going, but okay."

the girl - lisa, she called herself - laughed, it sounding very different from the cute, high-pitched giggle from before. this laugh reminded him of someone... no, of himself. it was the laugh he had used on the cute, nervous boy he'd met at school last year, on the boy who he used to go to church with before the former moved... a laugh that, as far as he was aware, was only really used to flirt with people.

"well," lisa said, a small smile on her face, "i didn't see myself meeting a guy as cute as you today, but here we are."

will felt his face going red. "um," he mumbled, losing the calm demeanour he had been going for, "i'm gay."

lisa's expression was unchanging. she shrugged. "i never told you i was a girl. i thought you off all people would be on board with anyone who wanted to being a little feminine."

will subconsciously brought his finger to his eyelashes, feeling the light, slightly sticky coating of mascara he applied most days. his finger came away with a couple of black marks on it, but for once he didn't let it bother him. he had bigger things to worry about. "sorry," he said, realising as he was saying it that he was genuinely worried about what lisa would do if he didn't. "you're right, i shouldn't have assumed. so, um, are you not a girl?"