Chapter Thirteen

Zeke
Pregnant? Red was Pregnant.

I didn't know whether to be happy, shocked or surprised. I remembered Red saying their males couldn't give birth so how was he a special case.

"Zeke." Red called me softly as he carefully studied my face.

I smiled at him making him jolt and then I stood up and hugged him. He stood limply before he hugged me back and placed his head into my chest.

"I promise you, I'll take care of both of you. I won't let Argus get his hands on you and our baby." I assured him and before I knew it, Red started to cry.

"I'm so scared. I don't why he gave me a womb but I'm scared to have a kid now." Red confessed and then I kissed his head and held him tight in my arms.

I continued to pacify him as he confessed how he truly felt before he slept off. I sighed at the thought of being a father because I too was scared and unprepared for a kid.

I was a pirate before I left that life be a fisherman, I stole, killed, hurt, burnt, tortured, fucked whoever offered and then I raped my husband the next day we got acquainted. I was far from taking care of a kid not to talk of being a father.

If I were still a pirate and this thing would happened, I would seek advice from Lyon since he was knowledgeable. He always knew what to do because Red was still a kid who is newly exploring adulthood. It's funny how a child is carrying a child.

I took a step out of the room and was walking down the hall when I saw April. She had her son in her arms.

He was the carbon copy of her with the platinum blonde hair and dark green eyes. He also had dimples and was a lot taller than Melody but he seemed quiet, observant and docile unlike his sister.

"Is anything wrong Zeke? You don't look so happy." She pointed out making me to sigh as I looked at her kid before I looked at her.

"There's nothing to worry about." I responded but then she pouted.

"I know it has only been two days since we've met but you can always tell me anything." She said before she tried to pass and then I felt she was the right person to tell.

"Red is pregnant." I confessed and then she turned back and looked at me.

Her expression didn't hold surprise instead her eyes were overjoyed before it slowly became worried.

"I know." She responded as I stared at her.

"How?"

"His scent was different like a pregnant female, he had the early stage signs and also the doctor confirmed it when he checked him up but I ordered him to tell no one." She explained making me to leaned on the wall.

"I'm worried about what's going to happen."

"Now you sound like Eric. What's there to worry about?" She asked and then I exhaled.

"What if I'm not the best father? What if this kid hates me? What if our mistake leads to more mistakes and the kid ends up suffering for it? Red is still a child and we're already having our first baby." I confessed and then April looked at me before she looked down the hall.

"Follow me, I wanna show you something." She informed me before I followed behind her.

"Oh lest I forget." She said before she gave me her son to carry. "Carry him, his more calm than Melody." She commanded with a stern face before she continued walking.

I stared at her son as he stared at me before he stretched his hand and touched my hair before he touched under my eyes. I was a bit nervous and he seemed to notice before he dropped a killer smile that made me smile happily.

As we were walking, Merlin was smiling and telling me about his favorite book and bedtime song April sang to him. He was honest, innocent and had a thing for books and music. It was so easy to talk and understand him even though he was shy and careful for a two years old.

We finally stopped at a door before April opened it and then I stepped in before she closed it.

The room was the children's room with lots of toys, two bed which were yellow and blue with the name Melody and Merlin on top respectively.

I saw as Melody was asleep on her yellow bed with a pink dolphin in her arms.

"Please help me tuck him in bed let me get a change of cloth." She instructed before I pulled his shoe and dropped him on his bed.

April got a nightwear which had tiny crowns on it and dressed Merlin. He picked out a book from the library behind his bed and then handed it to me.

"You want me to read it?" I asked and then he smiled before he nodded.

I took the book titled '12 dancing princess' which was about twelve princesses whose mother had a golden pavilion which they came to dance. It was interesting and before I knew it Merlin was sleeping.

I heard April singing a song, beautiful boy. She sang it and then when she was done, she covered Merlin with his blue blanket and then we both left the room.

"Your son is so sweet. He looks like you but your personality differs." I confessed making her laugh.

"To be honest, I'm surprised. Merlin is one child that has never been comfortable around people even if he knows them. His so shy and doesn't talk to anyone, I even have problems getting to bond with him sometimes since his withdrawn but he smiled at you and I was so happy." She said as tears flowed her eyes.

"Listen Zeke. I don't see anything for you to worry about because from what I saw, your baby will be lucky to be born into this world with a father who loves him dearly and another father that will hold his hand and teach him how to be a child. All you have to do is love, protect and guide them." She explained before she cleaned her tears and patted my back before she walked away.

I smiled at the thought. If I was able to be gentle to child then I would do my best in being an amazing father.

I walked to my room where I saw Red sleeping and then I laid on my side before he rolled to where I was and caged me. I smiled as he sleepily mumbled my name before I engulfed him in my arm and planted a chaste kiss on his lips then I slept off.