12

Your cheeks were hurting as you clinked glasses with your friends. They were all yelling out various forms of congratulations to you, and you rushed to thank them all with a wide grin. Your professor had loved your piece, and now you were celebrating her choosing it to be published with the other members of the VIP lounge, as well as your other two friends who had finally convinced you to let them into the lounge.

Chengxiao elbowed your side supportively as Xuanyi reached over from her other side to tousle your hair a bit.

"I regret letting you two come," you glared at them.

"I didn't do anything!" Xiao said defensively. "Get mad at Xuanyi!"

"I am."

Xuanyi stuck her tongue out at you, making the others laugh at your friendly bickering.

"But really, of course you had to let us come, since you don't live with us anymore we barely see you," Chengxiao lamented, but you knew that she really was happy for you.

At the mention of you moving out, you couldn't help but glance to your other side, exchanging a soft smile with your boyfriend. Ten had donned the same emerald suit jacket you'd met him in and was resting his hand just above your knee. He squeezed it just a little, a small reminder that he was there, and he loved you.

"And because we're now paying half the rent instead of a third," Xuanyi pointed out.

Any warm fuzzies you had from your short interaction with Ten were gone as you rolled your eyes at your bitter friend, "It is not my fault that you two refuse to get another roommate."

"Nobody could ever replace you in our hearts, Y/N!" Chengxiao declared dramatically.

"And you think I'm melodramatic?" Ten murmured in your ear, making you snort.

"You are," you shot back, just as quiet, even though you were well aware that everyone was focused on the pair of you.

"Speak up, lovebirds!" Yangyang complained, tossing a peanut from the snack bowl at you.

You ducked to avoid it, the small projectile soaring directly into Ten's eye. The man hissed in surprise, and you couldn't contain your snickers at him.

"Are you sure you want them to, Yang? What if it's plans for Ten to give her another lap dance?" Kun had joined in on teasing him this time.

Yangyang gulped, "Never mind! I don't think I want to know what you just said. How was everyone's day? Xuanyi, Chengxiao, we don't know anything about you two! What do you guys do for a living? It's nothing weird, sexual, or uncomfortable, right?"

Xuanyi looked over at you and Ten with an eyebrow raised, "What did you two do to this poor boy?"

You locked eyes with Ten for a brief moment before both of you looked back to Xuanyi and shrugged in unison.