Chpt. 1

It was September 1st, 1971, Violet Evans stood at the brick wall between platforms 9 and 10, she had seen a few other kids go through the wall and she figured that was her stop

It was September 1st, 1971, Violet Evans stood at the brick wall between platforms 9 and 10, she had seen a few other kids go through the wall and she figured that was her stop. Violet would never admit it but she was scared out of her mind, she was going into a whole other world, they didn't teach math or science, but potions and how to fly on broomsticks. She wore light blue denim shorts and a gray Beatles t-shirt, with a red thin flannel that went just past her shorts.

Taking her trolley she stepped through the wall and gasped in awe at the sight, suddenly she felt self-conscious as she was at the platform alone because she had lost her parents and her sisters. The train conductor took her trolley and gave her a smile, she thanked him quietly before turning around only to crash into a sandy haired boy. "Bloody hell, I'm so sorry." She apologized as the boy nervously looked around.

"It's alright, I should've watched where I was going." Violet smiled softly at the nervous boy, "You're a shy one aren't you? I'm Violet Evans, a muggleborn, and you are?" The sandy haired boy could sense her happy go lucky personality but how she was also brave, kind and true, he felt safe with her. " I'm Remus Lupin, a halfblood."

A smile came to the ginger haired girl face, "Want to sit together? I don't want to sit by myself and I feel as though we will be good friends." Remus nodded his head as they boarded the train and searched for a compartment, most of which was full, until they reached the end of the hall, three boys sat in the very last compartment. Violet opened it and smiled warmly, "Hi, mind if we sit here?" The raven haired boy went to answer, "I don't really care." The other two boys burst into laughter as Remus chuckled putting their trunks overhead.

"Sirius, she just got you!" The brunette boy smiled before he fully looked at the girl, immediately he felt a spark when he saw her bright eyes and smile. "And the pretty ladies name would be?" He flirted as a blush fell on her rosy cheeks, "Violet Evans,... this is Remus Lupin, and the three other charming boys names would be."

"Sirius, Sirius Black." The raven haired boy responded, "This is James Potter and Peter Pettigrew." The compartment door opened to reveal older Slytherins, "Get out first years." They threatened causing Violet to laugh, "No, we're fine where we are, thanks." The group looked at her with wide eyes, "What did you just say?" One of the Slytherins scoffed as Violet stood up with a smirk on her cherry red lips, "Did you not here me? I said we're fine thanks, you can leave now, bye." The group scoffed before closing the door and walking out, "Whatever, Gryffindorks."

"Wow, real clever! Yah bunch of slimy snakes!" Violet yelled out before sitting back down as the four boys stared at her in admiration. "You yelled at 6th year Slytherins." The ginger girl looked at Peter and smiled, "So? Their not that much older than us." She shrugged it off as James went heart eyes for her. When the door opened again Violet prepared to fight before Lily popped her head in with Severus. "Violet, where in the name of Merlin's arse have you been?"

Violet rolled her eyes as she put her feet on the cushion in front of her, "With Remus." She stated simply as she turned to look away from her sister. "Really, you're mad at me?" Lily questions with a groan, "Lily, you left me!" Violet argues, "What kind of sister ditches her twin?" Sirius looked between the two, "You're twins? You don't really look alike besides the hair."

"And who are you?" Lily asked snootily, Violet glared at Lily, "Don't be mean to my friends, I'm not mean to Severus and he's a bloody weirdo!" The four boys chuckled as Lily scoffed, "You're the weirdo, Violet." James looked at Lily and turned his head slightly, "Actually, Violet is amazing, she yelled at a group of Slytherins and defended us without using violence but her words." Sirius snorted, "The Evans girl caught your heart didn't she Jamie Boy?"

James blushed as Violet let her hair hide her bush, Lily rolled her eyes, "Well Severus and I are going to find another compartment, are you coming or not?" Violet shook her head and closed the door in Lily's face before sitting beside Remus and placing her feet beside James. "So we're Gryffindors then?" Peter commented causing the group to smile at each other, "Stick together?" Sirius questioned placing his hand out for the others to place their hands on top. Violet placed her hand on top, followed by James so he could touch her hand, then Remus and finally Peter, "Together."

The group all laughed at their antics, "Well we need a name for ourselves." James commented as he looked at the group. "Oh true." Violet muttered as she started to think about names for their little group. "Marauders." Remus whispered softly as the groups eyes went to him, "It's from the English in the 17th century, from the Middle French word maraud, meaning "rascal" and by Violet's yelling at Slytherins and our amusement by it, i think it's safe to say that we are going to get into major trouble in our time at Hogwarts."

"Marauders?" Violet questions everyone else's opinion as she had a smile on her face, showing she agreed with Remus idea, "Marauders." The other boys stated in unison causing the group to start laughing, "Swear to reek havoc on Hogwarts?" Sirius smirked, "Definitely."