Chapter 2

We all worked hard the fight lasted for about 3 minutes maximum and we all managed to smash quite a bit of heads in before we all made it into the woods without a scratch or at least we all hoped, but we did bring a ton of blood with us on our clothes and skin both. "I think we need to lay low for a bit and climb some trees and if possible take a long hot bath." I joked to Andy and Fay after we got to a place around the middle of the woods were there were none of the weird creatures. "I agree, They are slow and I'm guessing that they only react to smell since their eyes look glazed over, but its just a guess so don't get your hopes up." Andy replied "I just want to get away from Them and be safe for a while." Fay butted in "Agreed." Andy and I both said at once.

        We picked out the three tallest trees in around the middle of the woods and decided that we needed to take a breather and climb as high as we could without falling or getting too far up until we were all on a somewhat level branch far away from Them. Some of Them saw us so we started climbing quicker and quieter. And as we were hoping, They couldn't climb trees! We were hoping we would be safe for the night in the trees if we stayed quiet and somewhat still, but a normal person saw what we were doing and tried to do the same thing, but one of the branches broke with a loud snap and he landed on the hard wooded ground with a nasty squish and They swarmed the person like flies, the only thing left was the top half of his body which had chunks missing from that part too, his legs were not usable anymore so It tried crawling away breaking away totally from the top half of what was left of his body. They only left a nasty bloody spot with small pieces of flesh and the bottom part of his body on the ground where they were feasting, and wandered away, while the top part attempted to crawl to wards the screams coming from town.

        Fay saw the man fall to his unfortunate death and screamed loudly, setting Them on trying to get us to fall out of our trees that weren't going anywhere so they could have more for their endless appetite. We were already wanting all this to end, but seeing the man get eaten like that in front of our eyes just made everything worse than it already was, and things were already bad enough as it is. We didn't know the man but we didn't need to for him to find a place in all of our minds and stick there permanently. Yep we were scared for life and there was nothing that we could ever do about it.

        "This sucks!" Fay said when all of Them had wandered off to find food they didn't have to wait out. "Yep this is a total drag." I replied "I wonder how all of this happened?" We all had our own theory's but none of us thought that we would ever find out, we were almost sure of it, sometimes hoping that we never would. "Do you think it was some kind of radiation, like a tainted gas-station burger or something?" "Yea probably, or maybe it was an alien attack! They are trying to see who is the strongest of the people so they can make us their slaves!" Andy replied laughing. That was the only fun we could the rest of the night, we all got lost in our own thoughts, and the shuffling and low moaning sounds that They made. We all had a dreamless night. We each had part of the night to sleep and part to keep watch, Andy had first watch while Fay and I slept, then Fay, then it was my turn from about 4 in the morning till sunrise. None of us looked forward to the next day.