Ch 2

stevens alarm clocking beeped at exactly 7:13 the next morning. he liked the precision of it, and to eat breakfast during the brisk morning hours outside.
his few friends were obviously not available, so he had to entertain himself. he was used to it.
he waited and waited until peedee texted him once again.

p: hey steven. just got out out of school. coming home right now. did you ask your father about it?

steven stared at his text for a second and then replied:

s: no, not yet. he still hasn't come home.. but maybe i can go to the car wash?

p: do it as soon as you can. school seems like a good pastime for you.

s: alright, mom.

p: ;)

steven smiled and got up. he walked out of his house and took a stop at the big donut before heading to his dads car wash.
"hey sadie" steven said.
"hey steven" she mumbled back. "the usual?"
"mhm"

steven looked out the window and towards the sea. it was ever so slightly sparkling in the early autumn sunlight.

"that'll be 2 dollars" sadie told him.
steven paid and headed out of the small cafe, but not before pushing the 'pull' door after his hundredth time here.

he made it to the front of the car wash, stuffing the last of his jelly donut in his mouth. he walked in.

his dad didn't notice him standing at the entrance until a slight tap on the shoulder alerted him.

"heyy, steven." his dad smiled at him.
"hi dad," steven replied. "i wanted to ask you something."

his dad looked suspiciously hesitant for a second, then nodded.

"can i go to school?" steven asked him, a little nervous.

his dad sighed.
"yeah. sure, bud. i should've enrolled you in earlier, actually. the gems and i just couldn't find the right school that would.. be best for you." greg said.

steven smiled and hugged his dad; something he didn't do often enough.
"thank you so, so, so, much."