the whole story~ an emotional rollercoaster

"It's not worth it."

Tyler and Josh were sat together in Tyler's Mom's car.

"What isn't?"

"Life. I wish it wasn't like this. Driving away from my problems isn't going to work."

"Tyler, I wouldn't of stole and packed this car for you if I didn't think it would for the best."

"This won't solve my problems. my family aren't the problem. I'm the problem."

"You've complained to me every day for two months that your family are pestering you and you need a break from them. Here's your break."

"That may be true. But my mom doesn't know where I am, and now, not only her son has gone, her car has gone too. She won't be able to cope, and then my family won't be able to cope with her. They're just scared I'm going to end it."

"Scared? More like terrified, Tyler. She'll be fine. You run away from home a lot Tyler. She would've just figured you were staying at a friends for a few days. Besides, we'll only be gone for a week. She'll be fine."

"Ok, fine. Maybe I do need a break. They are always checking on me and stressing me out. It would be nice for a week without them. I just wish we hadn't of left so early. The air- it just feels.... thin. it's cold out, and it's 4am."

"It was the only time I figured I could get your mum's car, and a time where you could escape. My family don't care about where I am. Everything's blue-black there."

"Ok. I'll drive though. That way, if we crash, it's my fault and not yours."

Tyler began the car, and started to drive into the sunrise. He tried to smile, just for Josh, but he barely felt a smile deep inside him, and Josh knew he was faking.

~

"Tyler? Tyler? TYLER?" his mom shouted into his room, which was met with no reply. She stormed in abruptly, waking up everyone else in the household.

She peered out the window, tears streaming down her face. She was met with no tyler, and no sign of where he had gone. She sprinted into her husband's room, across the long, empty hallway.

"It'll be fine. He's probably gone to a friends. He did it all the time last year, remember. If he isn't here in a week, we'll call the police."

Tyler's mum consoled herself and made his siblings breakfast. She couldn't stop thinking about Tyler's whereabouts, but she tried not to let it show.

~

"Where will we go? Where will we stay?"
Tyler began to panic.

"I bought a tent. If it gets bad, we'll sleep in the car. Everything will be fine. Just try and enjoy yourself. I'm here for you, Tyler."

"I love you, Josh. Thank you. I may not seem it right now, but I am so grateful for you, and you taking me away for a few days."

~

"And how long have you been seeing this demon?"

"Ever since my son, Tyler, has been missing. He's been missing for almost a whole day now. He used to do it, last year, but recently, he's been too depressed to get out of bed. I visit him hourly, if not more, to make sure he's ok. I get worried about him, especially today, as he's been practically bedbound for a whole week."

"And what does this demon look like?"

"He looks... just like the one Tyler describes he sees. I never believed him. He's notorious for seeing things. There's this boy he meets in a treehouse in the forest sometimes. I can't remember what his name was though." She thought for a while. "Josh, that was his name. Tyler won't shut up about him. But anyways, if me and Tyler are seeing the same demon... could it be real? My husband can't see him- I think I'm going mad. But Tyler can see him too?"