f o u r t y - t w o

Lily was awake until late in the night, whilst everyone else was sleeping as well as her daughter. Her mind was racing with thoughts, but she didn't know which thought to think about first.

However, it seemed that there was one person that wasn't asleep since he had decided to raid the fridge to see what he could find. Joey saw Lily, sitting by a windowsill in the living room, whilst trying to get through to the kitchen, he decided to knock on the door to get her attention.

"You alright there?" He asked Lil, looking at her with concern. Lily smiled at her friend, nodding her head.

Lil sighed, "yeah I'm alright Joe, just thinking about god knows what." She turned back to the window,

"Well you know, I'm not all that hungry, why don't you tell me what you're thinking about?" He said to her, moving closer to the windowsill so he could sit down with her.

Lily threaded her hands through her hair, sighing softly. "Oh Joey, what am I meant to do? My mother wants me to move back to London for Charlie to be able to grow in a safe environment, but I can't do that to Chandler. Charlie is his daughter too, he deserves to watch her grow up, and she deserves to be with him."

Joey watched his friend as she spoke, "but you know what Lily, you deserve to be with him too. You think about everybody else, but what about you? Your daughter is going to be happy when growing up if you're happy, and where are you going to be happy? With Chandler, and with your friends. Stop letting other people get to you and think about what your heart wants." Joey smiled sadly at his friend, giving her his advice.

Lily's eyes widened, taking in all of Joey's words, she hugged him. "When did you get so wise suddenly?" She asked,

Joey shrugged, "I've been eating a lot more vegetables, I think it helps my brain." Lily chucked, she sighed once again.

"I think...I know what I want, but it depends on it if wants me." Lily breathed, Joey, nodded his head, knowing what his friend was talking about.

He took Lily's hand in his, a comforting gesture. "I think, if you want it, you know it'll happen." Lily nodded her head, knowing what she had to do.

Joey stood up, patting his stomach, "sorry Lils, being so awesome at this sorta thing makes me hungry, I'm gonna go and get some food." Lily rolled her eyes, watching him leave to go to the kitchen.

She sat once again, finally deciding what she needed to do, and finally coming to a decision, she decided to act on it.

Lily rushed upstairs until she finally stood outside the door, knocking on it, it opened.

"Hey, you okay?" Chandler said as he opened his bedroom door, seeing Lily stood outside it, breathing heavily.

Without thinking, Lily did the first thing she thought she needed to do, leaning forward, she kissed him.

--