leave

My eyes open slowly to see the sun rising through the large window.

Wait! My room doesn't have a large window. Where am I?!!??

I feel an arm around me and the previous nights events stream back in my mind. A flood of uncertainty and happiness washes over me.

I turn myself over to face Atem and find him already awake looking at me lovingly.

"Good morning little one," Atem says smiling.

"Hi," I answer shyly looking down.

He answers with a deep chuckle, pulling me closer to him.

Still tired I close my eyes and try to fallback asleep in the comfort and warmth of his body.

Suddenly, there is a knock at the door and I sit up quickly without thinking.

Atem turns to me and whispers, "Hide under the bed no one must know you're here."

I nod and quickly hide under the bed just as Atem told me too. He gets off of his bed and walks to open the door revealing a maid with breakfast for him. Atem takes the food and thanks the maid.

"I am going to go wake your guard up and give him his breakfast," the maid informs Atem.

His eyes widen and he responds, "Ugh.....no need I will wake him up and give him his breakfast."

"But sir....."

"Don't worry I will take care of it," Atem reassures her and takes both plates of food as the maid leaves. 

I emerge from my hiding spot and Atem hands me my tray of food, which reveals to be simple oatmeal. His of course is a fantastic plate of assorted breakfast foods, I don't mind though oatmeal is more then I usually get at back at home.

I start to eat my meal suddenly realizing how hungry and dehydrated I am.

"I have never seen someone eat oatmeal so fast," the pharaoh laughs as he watches me eat, "Here take mine." He pushes his breakfast over to me.

"You're not hungry?" I question.

He shrugs, "Not as hungry as you are."

"Here lets split it," I tell him.

We eat the food which happens to be the most wonderful food I have ever eaten. Afterwards I lay back in the bed still exhausted.

"Is it okay if I go back to sleep?" I ask Atem with my eyes already closed.

"No little one I have plans," he tells me sternly.

Groaning, I start to sit up.

"Who said those plans had anything to do with you sitting up," Atem questions with a smile as he pushes me back on the bed.

Shocked, he traps me underneath his the weight of his body.

"What are you.......," I start to ask but am silenced by his lips crashing into mine.

Stunned I don't react immedeatly, yet as my brain starts to comprehend I dive head on into the kiss.

We are both kissing each other passionatley with so much force and energy. Although, it becomes quite obvious that neither of us had ever kissed anyone before.

Atem pulls away and looks at me.

"Well that was fun, but I think we both need so more practice don't you think?" he tells me as he dives back into this the kiss.

We both start to get the hang of it more and the kiss becomes more intense. Atem takes all of the dominance in the kiss which makes sense.

I don't deserve him, I don't deserve to be happy. Atem deserves more then me. I need to leave, go back home to Gramps. Face whatever consequences the mysterious man has for me.

That night after a day of kissing and snuggling I sneak out the window and climb down the balcony. I have to see my Grandfather.