Prologue

Stormtroopers of the Galactic Empire, storm through the streets of planet Callistia to speak to His Majesty Aldrich of house Convington. The Callistia army is lining up outside of the castle gates for security purposes as the stormtroopers draw near. Inside the castle walls, Aldrich and Her Royal Highness Atarah of Covington are rushing to hide their newborn baby, Lysandra, from the empire.

"Father, what do you propose we do?" Aldrich's eldest son, Alastair, asked. Atarah is packing a bag for their child as the two men converse a plan to keep the child safe.

"Hanniel spoke to a fisherman who will be able to provide safe passage across the Dead Sea, where a ship will be able to take the child to another planet." Castle explained as he wrapped the child in a blanket. The child's big brown eyes stared back at Caster, causing a slight pain in his gut.

"You're trusting a servant to keep my sister safe? Your daughter!" Alastair exclaimed.

"Your mother and I trust Hanniel with our lives. He's been loyal to me since before my reign." He argued back.

"What about the Dead Sea? The name is there for a reason! Nobody has ever come out alive." Aldrich rolled his eyes as he handed the baby to Atarah who walked to the wall at the end of the room.

"The empire won't think to look there which is why it's the best option." He pressed into a painting and a secret passage is revealed behind it. The family steps inside, making sure the painting closes behind them. Footsteps echo amongst the stone walls as they make multiple turns. Finally, they reach a hallway where two servants and a soldier, who is out of uniform, is waiting with a lighted torch.

"Thea! Carson! Robert!" Atarah hugs them with the child still in her arms. "Thank you for doing this," She hands Thea the child and gives the bags to Carson.

"There's clothes, food, milk, water, and money in there for you and the baby." She speaks to Thea who is nodding at the Queen's instructions.

"Robert, please make sure they make it safely to the dock. Do not stop for anyone. Keep your heads down and make sure nobody recognizes the baby." Robert nodded at the queen's instructions. Atarah took off her small silver locket and opened it to make sure their family portrait is still inside. She rubs her thumb over the picture thinking about the memories of them together for the last time. Atarah holding Lysandra in her arms with Aldrich behind her, Alastair on the right side of his father, and Zadkiel next to Atarah. She holds it against her chest and sighs deeply, then places it inside the baby's blanket.

"Be brave little one. I love you, may we meet again." Atarah kissed the baby's temple. She cooed and laughed at Atarah's kiss.

"I love you, my child, may we meet again." Aldrich rubbed the baby's head. Alastair stepped forward and placed his finger near the baby, whose hand grabbed it.

"Stay safe sister, may we meet again." Atarah was sobbing quietly while Aldrich was rubbing her back in reassurance. Alastair's face is filled with melancholy as he is trying to keep a mental picture of his sister one last time. Suddenly, the second eldest son, Zadkiel runs towards the family.

"They're here." He announces while out of breath.

"Go out through the back exits, there are droids who will take you on a carriage to the dock. May we meet again." The soldier nodded at the king's instructions. The group separated leaving the royal family alone in the hidden passages. Each member hugged each other as they were aware of their upcoming fate.

Aldrich and Atarah sat on their throne with Zadkiel and Alastair on the side. The throne room was quiet as they waited for the announcement of their visitors. Aldrich places his hand over Atarah's and gave her a reassuring nod. Suddenly, the doors flew open and stormtroopers entered the room armed with blasters. They lined on each side of the door along the back walls, four on the right and four on the left. Then, Moff Tyr walked powerfully with two stormtroopers trailing behind him. His presence was strong and powerful as he stopped at the front of the steps before the throne and bowed at the King's presence.