Bible verses about death

Revelation 21:4 - And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Ecclesiastes 12:7 - Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
1 Thessalonians 4:14 - For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
Romans 14:8 - For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Luke 23:43 - And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.
1 Corinthians 15:51 - Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
Psalms 127:4 - As arrows [are] in the hand of a mighty man; so [are] children of the youth.
Job 14:14 - If a man die, shall he live [again]? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.
Psalms 23:4 - Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Romans 5:12 - Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
1 Corinthians 15:51-57 - Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
Ecclesiastes 9:5 - For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Psalms 115:17 - The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
John 11:26 - And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Hebrews 13:14 - For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
1 Thessalonians 4:15 - For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive [and] remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:26 - The last enemy [that] shall be destroyed [is] death.
Acts 7:60 - And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
Luke 2:29 - Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
Ezekiel 18:32 - For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn [yourselves], and live ye.
Ecclesiastes 9:10 - Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
Ecclesiastes 2:14-18 - The wise man's eyes [are] in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all.
Psalms 39:4 - LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it [is; that] I may know how frail I [am].
Ecclesiastes 7:1 - A good name [is] better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.
Genesis 25:8 - Then Abraham gave up the ghost, and died in a good old age, an old man, and full [of years]; and was gathered to his people.
Hebrews 9:27 - And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
Hebrews 2:14 - Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
John 11:11-14 - These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Ecclesiastes 3:2 - A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted;
Proverbs 14:32 - The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
Genesis 3:19 - In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou [art], and unto dust shalt thou return.
Hebrews 2:15 - And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
1 Thessalonians 4:13 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
Romans 8:13 - For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Romans 6:16 - Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
Psalms 104:29 - Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
Job 16:22 - When a few years are come, then I shall go the way [whence] I shall not return.
Revelation 14:13 - And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed [are] the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
Revelation 1:18 - I [am] he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
1 Timothy 6:7 - For we brought nothing into [this] world, [and it is] certain we can carry nothing out.
1 Corinthians 15:55 - O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?
Luke 20:36 - Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
Ecclesiastes 8:8 - [There is] no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither [hath he] power in the day of death: and [there is] no discharge in [that] war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it.
Psalms 49:9 - That he should still live for ever, [and] not see corruption.
Psalms 49:7 - None [of them] can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
Psalms 39:13 - O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.
Job 36:18 - Because [there is] wrath, [beware] lest he take thee away with [his] stroke: then a great ransom cannot deliver thee.
Job 14:2 - He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.
Job 7:21 - And why dost thou not pardon my transgression, and take away mine iniquity? for now shall I sleep in the dust; and thou shalt seek me in the morning, but I [shall] not [be].
Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 20:4-6 - And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and [I saw] the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received [his] mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Revelation 6:8 - And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
1 Peter 1:24 - For all flesh [is] as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:
Philippians 1:21 - For to me to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain.
2 Corinthians 5:8 - We are confident, [I say], and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
2 Corinthians 5:6-8 - Therefore [we are] always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
1 Corinthians 15:22 - For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Isaiah 38:18 - For the grave cannot praise thee, death can [not] celebrate thee: they that go down into the pit cannot hope for thy truth.
Isaiah 25:8 - He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken [it].
Ecclesiastes 7:15 - All [things] have I seen in the days of my vanity: there is a just [man] that perisheth in his righteousness, and there is a wicked [man] that prolongeth [his life] in his wickedness.
Ecclesiastes 7:2 - [It is] better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that [is] the end of all men; and the living will lay [it] to his heart.
Ecclesiastes 6:10 - That which hath been is named already, and it is known that it [is] man: neither may he contend with him that is mightier than he.
Ecclesiastes 6:6 - Yea, though he live a thousand years twice [told], yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?
Ecclesiastes 5:15 - As he came forth of his mother's womb, naked shall he return to go as he came, and shall take nothing of his labour, which he may carry away in his hand.
Job 18:14 - His confidence shall be rooted out of his tabernacle, and it shall bring him to the king of terrors.
Genesis 35:29 - And Isaac gave up the ghost, and died, and was gathered unto his people, [being] old and full of days: and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him.
Genesis 2:17 - But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
1 John 5:12 - He that hath the Son hath life; [and] he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
2 Peter 2:12 - But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
2 Peter 1:14 - Knowing that shortly I must put off [this] my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me.
2 Peter 1:11 - For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 11:13 - These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of [them], and embraced [them], and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
2 Timothy 1:10 - But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
2 Thessalonians 1:9 - Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
1 Thessalonians 5:3 - For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
Ephesians 4:18 - Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
2 Corinthians 5:4 - For we that are in [this] tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
1 Corinthians 15:55-57 - O death, where [is] thy sting? O grave, where [is] thy victory?
1 Corinthians 15:21 - For since by man [came] death, by man [came] also the resurrection of the dead.
Romans 1:32 - Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
Acts 13:36 - For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
Acts 7:59 - And they stoned Stephen, calling upon [God], and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.
Acts 5:10 - Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying [her] forth, buried [her] by her husband.
John 14:1-4 - Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
John 11:11 - These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
John 10:10 - The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have [it] more abundantly.
John 5:24-26 - Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Luke 23:39-43 - And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.
Luke 12:20 - But God said unto him, [Thou] fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
Matthew 11:28 - Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Daniel 12:13 - But go thou thy way till the end [be]: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.
Daniel 12:2 - And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame [and] everlasting contempt.
Ezekiel 33:14-16 - Again, when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right;
Ezekiel 33:11 - Say unto them, [As] I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Ezekiel 33:9 - Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.
Ezekiel 33:8 - When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.