Chapter 15

oO Ahtohallan Oo

"Your majesties! Come quick!"

The lights around the room had dimmed down low, just a soft blue hue lighting the floor as the walls came to life with a different sort of memory. Like watching a moving painting the figures of their mother and father came into view, their eyes wide and full of fear. Their clothes informal, Iduna's hair down and mussed as though woken from sleep.

A loud baby's cry echoed throughout the room as the scene shifted in a swirl of colors. The sounds of their parent's rushed footsteps echoing all around. They watched, captivated by the sight, the sound the colors as though they'd stepped inside the memory with them even though it couldn't have possibly been true.

The door to the old nursery was flung open, the doors crashing against the walls as a flash of lightning lit up the room. Anna's infantile cries raising to a new pitch. While her mother ran to her side, Agnarr ran towards Elsa's bed, small and just across from Anna's bassinet, where he thew back the covers in disbelief.

"Papa!"

Agnarr turned towards the open doors, his eyes wide in disbelief, "Elsa!"

Elsa's scream brought chills down Anna's spine, her breath held tight in her chest though she stole a glance towards the Elsa that was very much present with her now, her face was an unreadable mask. Her eyes focused, brow filled with concentration. No inclination that she even remembered this memory let alone had any emotional attachment to it at all.

The boy appeared, his bright green eyes shining in the lighting that crashed through the nursery doors, no older than eight or nine, dressed as a castle's servant a small pendant hung around his neck. This was not the boy they'd seen before yet, both of them instantly recognized him as the man who laid beside them now.

"This way! He went this way!"

"Papa-!"

The desperate scream was cut off as the memory shifted, instead of following their father, it showed the view of the boy who'd warned him. He ran through the servant's halls at feverish pace and when he broke free into the night, he leaped from the balcony that overlooked the garden's, right from the very room that Elsa had spent nearly all her life in. His body landing on the man who held Elsa's head under the pond's surface knocking him into the stone statue behind.

A furious pull raised Elsa from the water, a sputtering crying cough echoing through the entire cavern.

"He saved your life…" Anna couldn't even begin to swallow down the lump in her throat, her eyes turning away as the rest of the memory dissolved.

Elsa hadn't a single memory of that night. Perhaps it was the trauma, perhaps it was her age. All she knew is that her sister's words were true but when she realized the man who'd done the very deed laid still beside her a guilt wrapped around her heart. With a grace only she could possess she turned her head down, her fingers that had been clinging to his arm slowly relaxing as there was nothing more she could do for him.

oO The Black Sea Oo

"We're almost there. Look!" Honeymaren pointed around her brother's shoulder where large pieces of a ship laid scattered in their path, though her focus laid just beyond their destruction to the high peek of Athohallan's glistening ice.