Chapter 6 - Let the games begin

A/N.: Some of you asked why Beam has a scholarship when his parents are super rich...well, his parents are rich, Beam is not and he hates his parents and doesn't want to use their money especially since that money was earned with lot of blood involved. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be poor to get a scholarship. The Lunar University has various scholarships, among others, scholarships can also be awarded to students who are socially involved or to promote certain professions. Although Beam is considered a Casanova, his social commitment is known only to a few, and it was clear to him from an early age that he would specialize in pediatrics, with a focus on neonatology. Since this specialization is chosen very rarely, the university decided to support this specialization with a scholarship.

3rd Person's POV

Finally, the day of the moon and star competition has arrived and all students, as well as the academic staff and guests of honor, are gathered in the university auditorium.
The dean of the university enters the stage. "Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for attending today's event. We are here to celebrate the 85th anniversary of the founding of the university. We can look back on a long, eventful history marked by many changes. As one of the most prestigious universities in Thailand, the Lunar University has made it its mission to prepare future generations of this country for their upcoming tasks in the best possible way and to accompany them at least on part of their career path.
In order to celebrate this day appropriately, the Moon and Star Competition was created many years ago, which, like everything in life, has also changed over the years. From the hard and very demanding competition it once was, it has developed into a competition full of laughter, warm encounters and funny moments. However, the organisation of the competition is only possible because we have so many hard-working and voluntary helpers who support us in the organisation and of course our sponsors also contribute greatly to the success of this format. Therefore I would like to introduce our most important supporters and guests of honor, which are also the founders of our Moon and Star Competition. Please welcome Mr and Mrs Zohran and Mr and Mrs Vongviphan on stage who will give us the honor to open the competition with the traditional gong stroke."

The student body welcomed the guests of honor with polite applause as they entered the podium. Suchitra Vongviphan steps up to the microphone without letting go of her husband Amaphon's hand, after all she is always keen to present a strong unit in front of the public. "Thank you for the warm welcome. It is an honor to be here today and to watch the next generation fight for their future and show us what they are capable of."

"As Mrs. Vongviphan has already mentioned, it is a great honor to meet the future elite of this country. An elite in which we have already invested and will continue to invest in the future." Mrs. Zohran addresses the student body, a false smile on her lips, not wanting them to notice that the Vongviphans have taken away her grand entrance, as they have done so many times before.

"But enough of words. Let's start the competition." Amaphon's voice comes through the speakers.

"May the best man win." Mr. Zohran grins as he snatches the microphone from Amaphon's hand.

Both men step forward to the big gong. They both lift the hammer and strike the gong with great force. The booming of the gong fills the air and the student body bursts into cheers. "Let the games begin."

...

"Before we begin with the Moon and Star competition, we want to explain it first: The competition consists of three phases. The first phase is the so-called treasure hunt. Each team receives a bag full of things that may or may not be clues in the further course of the treasure hunt. However, first you will receive a letter with the first clue to find your treasure." Explains a professor.