New Year ~Stenbrough~

(Happy 2020 Bros)

Stan stares at Bill as he laughs at something Bev says. He gets lost in the way Bill's eyes light up, and his nose scrunches up when he smiles. 

Stan jumps in shock and looks over to his side where Richie is sitting. "What?" He asks annoyed at the boy. Richie offers a smile and motions towards Bill, "You should go for it! You could kiss him when the ball drops," He supplies, his hand interlocked with Eddie's.

"No way, Tozier. Do you know how embarrassing it would be to kiss him in front of everyone?" Stan rolls his eyes.

"Then don't do it in front of everyone! Get him away from everyone else, then do it."

Stan blushes and then shakes his head. "No way,"

~

The night continues on as the losers continue to get more and more intoxicated. In hindsight it wasn't the best idea to have this little party, and they would all pay for it in the morning, but everyone is way to drunk to worry about that now.

Richie's voice shouts loudly over the tv, which is displaying the ball drop on full volume. He continues his story loudly until he hears the announcer counting down from 30.

"Bill! Would you be a dear and please go get me a refill?" Richie begs. "B-bu-but I'll miss the b-b-b-ball drop!" Bill argues, his stutter more prominent because of the alchohal. "Not if you hurry up, you won't." Richie answers, motioning Bill to hurry and fill his cup.

"F-fine." Bill rolls his eyes and takes Richie's cup out of his hand.

26

25

24

Richie makes eye contact with Stan and moves his head towards the kitchen where Bill is filing his cup. Stan shakes his head in protests until Bev grabs his arm and pulls him up. Her, being the most sober out of all of the losers, smiles sweetly. "Go get your man." She pushes him so that he stumbles into the kitchen.

20

19

18

17

Bill turns in shock as Stan nearly falls, but catches himself on the counter. "St-stan? You're gonna miss the ball drop, we need to get back out there!"

Stan takes a deep breath and rolls his shoulders in anticipation. "Hope on a sec, I need to talk to you about something." Stan can feel his face heat up as Bill moves closer to him and looks up at him in confusion.

"T-talk to me about what? Is there s-s-something wrong?"

14

13

12

11

10

"No, nothing bad. I just...." Stan looks away from Bill in embarrassment and takes another deep breath. "I-it's alright Stanny, whatever's g-g-going I'm here for you." Bill smiles helpfully.

5

4

"I'm gonna do something, and if you don't like it....just push me away or something." Stan speaks, taking a step closer to Bill, leaving no space between the two.

3

2

1

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!" Stan hears the rest of his friends shout as he squeezes his eyes tight and bends down slightly, pressing his lips to Bill's.

It takes a minute to get a response, but suddenly Bill wraps his arms loosely around Stan's neck and stands on his toes to deepen the kiss.

Stan places his hands gently on Bill's waist, holding him in place, and he can't help but smile into the kiss.

The two continue to kiss until they are cut off by all of the loser's cheers and claps, as well as Richie yelling "I knew you could do it Uris!"

601 words