Soulmate Au 1 ~Reddie~

(In this AU, on your 16th birthday 2 small marks appear on your wrist, a big one hinting at who your soulmate is, and a smaller one next to that is the mark your soulmate has for you, when soulmates kiss, their marks gain color, if all of that makes sense. Enjoy!)

Eddie sits up quickly, throwing off his covers and shutting off his alarm clock. It's finally his 16th birthday, and now he gets to see what his soul mark looks like. He quickly lifts his right wrist to see a microphone, and next to it smaller, an inhaler.

He excitedly hops out of bed and runs downstairs to his mother. "Look mamma! I got my soulmark!" He exclaims smiling proudly as he stands at her chair.

"Well let's take a look then, Eddiebear." Sonia smile and sticks her hand out for Eddie's wrist. Carefully, he places his wrist into her hand so she can examine the mark. "Interesting, maybe your soulmate can sing?" Sonia suggested. "Wouldn't that be nice, my Eddiebear finding himself a girl with talent..."

Eddie nods uncomfortably and the word girl and pulls his wrist away, "Well I need to get to school ma. I'll see you later." He grabs his bag from the door and places his hand on the doorknob before Sonia calls out, "Aren't you forgetting something dear?" She questions, titling her head so that on of her cheeks is in the air.

"Right," Eddie mumbles before walking back and pecking a kiss on his mother's cheek. "See you later Ma."

~~

The losers all stand together excitedly, waiting for Eddie to get to school. Well, all of the losers except for Richie.

Richie is standing behind the school greenhouse smoking a cigarette and trying to keep his head on straight. He's been dreading this day since he'd learned when Eddie's birthday is, and now it's here.

He's been in love with Eddie since the first day they met, and now he's going to have to watch as the love of his life finds his soulmate, marry her, and have a bunch of kids.

He can't handle that.

Luckily, he doesn't have any classes with Eddie till after lunch, so he won't have to see him for a while.

~~

Beverly sighs and looks over at Stan, both knowing exactly why Richie isn't waiting for Eddie with them. Beverly is the only person Richie had ever shown his soulmark to, and the only person he'd ever told his true feelings of Eddie to.

Stan just wasn't an idiot. Richie has come over to his house in tears plenty of times, refusing to tell Stan what's wrong, only blubbering about how 'unfair it is'.

Stan had an idea as to what that meat at the time, but after him and Beverly had their own little side chat, his suspicions were confirmed.

Stan shoots Beverly a knowing look back, and she finger spells the word cigarette to him. Since Stan, Bev, and Richie are the only losers who took sign instead of Spanish, this was how they talked when it was something private.

Stan nodded in understanding and leaves.

~~

Eddie pulled his bike into the rack in front of the highschool and excitedly runs up to his friends. They all crowd around him and he proudly holds out his arm so that they can get a good view of his wrist.

"Holy shit." Bev speaks in shock, looking down at Eddie's mark. "What?" Eddie asks, "Do you know who has the same mark?"

Instead of answering, Bev just turns and quickly walks off to find Stan and Richie.

When she finally makes it to the greenhouse, she's greeted with the sight of Stan sitting in the grass with Richie's head in his lap. He's comforting him and raking his fingers through Richie's hair.