Chapter 13

That night when Dr. Xiao was crying in Dr. Wang's arms, Dr.Xiao received a call which he ignored but Dr. Wang decided to answer it instead after seeing that the call is from Dr. Suyin, who's the fiance of Dr. Xiao..

Dr. Wang told what happened and their location and within few minutes, Dr. Suyin was already there.. She bowed at him, thanking for taking care of the other man.

Dr. Wang let Dr. Suyin hug and comfort Dr. Xiao as he slowly retrieved towards the door.. He glanced back and saw how Dr. Xiao has already stopped crying and thought that Dr. Suyin was better at comforting the man than how he did.. With a sigh he went away, letting the couple to have their personal space.

It was after a week later that Dr. Wang saw Dr. Xiao again, dressed in a black suit, kneeling in front of Prof. Yu's family as he apologized again and again..

Funerals always brought dark memories for Dr. Wang.. It brought him back the images of his young self, crying with his mother hugging him... He remembered his father lying where Prof. Yu was lying now..

He shook his head trying to remove all the unwanted thoughts and memories that were crawling through his mind.. He took a one quick glance at Dr. Xiao who was still kneeling in front of Prof. Yu's family, before leaving the funeral..

It was after another week that Dr.Xiao returned back to the hospital again.. He took a temporary leave and Dr. Wang volunteered to take Dr. Xiao's shifts as the other Doctors were unwilling to do so..

When Dr. Xiao came back to duty, he isolated himself from others.. As Dr. Wang had countless of surgeries and other duties, he didn't had the time to talk to the other doctor but when he got the chance later, it ended up being a dramatic scene..

It was lunch time as Dr. Wang made his way to the busy cafeteria to have a quick lunch before he would be stuck in the operating room again until night.

But what caught his eyes made him frown as he made his way towards someone with his food tray in hand..

Dr. Xiao was sitting on a table all alone as no one approached his table, eating his food silently.. The other doctors and nurses around him kept glancing at him or mumbling somethings about him yet he acted like he was completely unaware of the situation..

Suddenly a loud clash sound came and Dr. Xiao saw how someone placed a food tray in front him.. He glanced up to see the person who was brave enough to sit across him when the whole hospital was acting as if he was a serial killer.

Dr. Xiao didn't know if he should be surprised or not after seeing Dr. Wang standing in front of him, ready to sit across him..

"What are you all staring at? What? You want to tell me that I shouldn't sit in front of him because he's a killer who killed his senior?"

Dr. Xiao's eyes widened at the sudden outburst and the whole cafeteria stopped their mumblings and the hall went completely silent at that..

"If you all were that confident about your skills, you should've operated on him, despite of acting like chickens.. At least appreciate the fact that someone tried to save Prof. Yu even with knowing all the risks.. Risking everything for the cause of the life of a patient is something that only a real doctor could do.."

He sat down and started eating ever so elegantly as if nothing happened while everyone else were staring wide eyed at him, forgotten about their own meals..

Dr. Xiao kept staring at the guy in front of him as he didn't know if he should laugh or cry at the situation.. When Dr. Wang lifted his head and signaled him to eat, Dr. Xiao couldn't help but to smile at the doctor in front of him before digging into his food..