Chapter 16

Sadly, Dr. Wang nor Dr. Xiao had the night shift that day and both of them had surgeries to perform since morning until night, so Dr. Xiao didn't get a chance to talk to Dr. Wang as he planned..

When he finally came out of the surgery room, it was already 7pm and after having a warm bath for an hour or so, he got dressed and went to the office to collect his things so that he can go home quickly and have a rest..

When he went inside the office, he saw Dr. Wang was also getting ready to go home.. He heard that Dr. Wang performed a surgery and the interns got the chance to witness it in the....

Dr. Xiao didn't know how to start the conversation and he was thinking about ways of talking to the man when Dr. Wang suddenly turned around..

Dr. Wang was surprised to see Dr. Xiao behind him but nevertheless ignored his presence as he moved around the office, gathering his things..

And Dr.Xiao had enough..

"Can you not be a coward and talk to me face to face if you have any problems with me.. I mean, you are being so nice to me for a week and then ignore me for another whole two weeks... What's with you?"

Dr. Wang grabbed his coat as he didn't hear Dr. Xiao's words..

"I know everything... About your father and.. Other stuff.."

Dr. Xiao mumbled and this time he got a quick reaction from the other man.. Like he got electrocuted, Dr. Wang turned around and stared at Dr. Xiao as if he doesn't believe those words..

"Geez..Don't stare at me like that.. Uncle- I mean Prof. Jiang told me everything.. Apparently he was a best friend of your father.. And the story about my father too..I know there are a lot in this mess.. So can we just talk about this like adults and not ignore each other like kids!?"

Dr. Wang was thinking for a moment when an alarm went off in his phone. He checked the time and quickly put his coat in a hurry..

"Sorry.. I have to go now.. Let's talk about this some other time.."

He said as he was passing by Dr. Xiao but he was stopped by the other instantly..

"Wait.. Are you just trying to avoid me? If so, you are a coward.. If not I could come with you.. My shift is over too.."

Dr. Wang sighed as he was annoyed before talking..

"I'm not trying to avoid you.. I have to go home quickly.."

Dr. Xiao also grabbed his coat before running back to Dr. Wang..

"Wait.. Why are you running home at 7 o'clock like a married man? Are you-"

Dr. Wang's glare was enough to shut Dr. Xiao's mouth and Dr. Xiao laughed awkwardly..

"Well.. It's ok.. We can talk on our way out of the hospital.."

Dr. Wang didn't say anything as he turned around and went outside the office while Dr. Xiao followed him with a smile..

......................................................................

It turned out to be that Dr. Wang wasn't a coward as he thought as Dr. Xiao was now in Dr. Wang's car, heading to God knows where.. Dr. Xiao awkwardly sat beside Dr.Wang, occasionally stealing glances at the other man.. This wasn't the first time he got into Dr. Wang's car but it felt like the first time as he was suffocating with the awkward atmosphere around them so he decided to speak first, trying to lessen the tension around them..

"Uh.. Dr. Wang? Where are we going?"

His words as well as the car came to a stop when they stopped in front of a two story house and the gate opened as Dr. Wang parked the car in the garage..