bonus daisuga ✔️

daichi and suga were the last to part ways with the team after daichi had bought everyone meat buns, and as they walked towards their respective homes, suga seemed a bit nervous.

he was trailing behind him a bit, and fiddling with his hands, his eyes darting everywhere.

"are you feeling alright?" daichi asked after several minutes of silence like this.

suga slowly came to a stop, and fidgeted more than ever.

"can i tell you something? and promise that you won't think less of me or think i'm weird, or hate me or anything like that."

daichi furrowed his eyebrows.

"of course. i could never hate you and i won't think you're weird. what's all this about?"

he laughed a little.

"well... earlier i was talking with yamaguchi about a little issue he was having and... it sort of made me realize some things and... i think these first years might be a little more competent then i am at some things."

"what do you mean?"

"i... daichi, i'm gay," his voice was so tense as he said it, and he wouldn't look him in the eye. "and also i like you," he added on quickly.

daichi froze.

it felt like his brain had literally blue-screened.

his crush was gay? and he liked him back?! he was so surprised that he forgot to say anything back for a moment.

"i- i'm sorry, i knew you'd probably think it was weird," he said with a sad smile, starting to slowly walk away. "i'll just go home now. goodnight, daichi."

finally, daichi was able to jog his brain enough to actually react.

he ran after him, grabbed his arm and spun him around to face him.

daichi heard his breath catch in his throat as he looked up at him, with red cheeks and damp eyes.

"i'm sorry, i... i was so surprised that you like me back, i didn't know how to react." he smiled apologetically. "but, i like you too, suga. i definitely don't think you're weird or hate you."

he started laughing.

"seriously?!"

by this point he had doubled over with laughter and daichi wasn't sure what was so funny, but he started laughing as well from the absurdity of it all.

"what are we laughing about?" he asked.

suga caught his breath, wiping his eyes slightly.

"nothing." he waved his hand dismissively. "i'm just thinking that i guess yamaguchi was right."

"right about what? what did you talk about?"

"well, he was telling me about relationship troubles he was having, so i gave him advice. then i said i was a bit of a hypocrite because i couldn't take my own advice and just talk to you and tell you how i feel because i was so nervous you wouldn't like me back. then he told me... he said i was crazy because, and i quote, 'have you seen the way he looks at you? like you're his entire world.' and i... i didn't believe him because i didn't think anyone would look at me that way." he wiped at his eyes a little more, and daichi didn't think it was from laughter this time. "then... i guess it turned out that you did like me. so... thanks for that."

he grinned widely, even with tears in his eyes.

daichi engulfed him in a hug.

"of course i like you back. why wouldn't i? i think it's impossible not to fall in love with you spending as much time around you as i do. you're just so..." he sighed happily. "perfect. you're always so kind and know the right thing to say to the first and second years to make them feel better. and it's like you always have sparkles and flowers around you because you're so positive. and you're really pretty. and you smell good," i finished with a slight laugh.

he squeezed his arms around me tightly, also laughing a tiny bit.

"thanks, daichi. i think you're great too."

daichi pulled away, taking a deep breath to prepare myself for what he was about to ask.

"suga... can i kiss you?"

his cheeks flushed a deep red, and a tiny smile appeared on his face.

"of course you can."

he smiled back, before slowly leaning in and giving him a soft light under the streetlight glow, all the stars twinkling above their heads.

yamaguchi was right when he said daichi looks at suga like he's his whole world.

because he really is.

daichi was so happy that he returned his feelings, he felt like he was glowing from all the pores of his skin.

"that was nice," suga said, pulling away.

"yeah, we should do it again some time," he said.

"for sure. shall we continue our walk home?"

"yeah."

he grabbed suga's hand and they continued walking home.

it was just an ordinary friday, but it felt like the most special day in the entire world. he was just so happy. the street remained unchanged, but everything looked more beautiful now.

or maybe that was just an otherworldly cast given off by sugawara's outstanding beauty that made everything else look beautiful.

either way, he didn't care. he was filled with a warm floaty feeling and he was going to hold onto that for as long as possible.