extra: movie night ✔️

"cookies!"

tsukki laughed at how excited yamaguchi got when he came back into the room with a big tin of homemade cookies and a stack of movies.

"yep, chocolate chip. your favorite."

"i think they're everyone's favorite."

tsukki shrugged.

"fair enough. i also thought we could have a movie marathon."

he spread the movies out on the bed so they could both see them.

"wow, all my favorites! hey, you remembered the greatest showman! and wait... don't you like jurassic park better than jurassic world?"

"well, yeah, but i know you prefer jurassic world, so that's what we'll watch."

yamaguchi blushed, but didn't argue.

"okay," he said happily, and tsukki started the first movie, turning off the lights then climbing back into bed with him.

yamaguchi snuggled up against him, so tsukki wrapped his arms around him, resting his chin on tsukki's shoulder. yamaguchi enjoyed the proximity and contact that had previously been a bit lacking.

"i love you," he whispered in my ear.

"i love you too," yamaguchi whispered back. "thank you so much for everything you've done recently. i think you've made it up to me." he giggled. "but just don't go back to never showing affection anymore, okay?"

"okay, i promise. i won't go overboard with gifts anymore, but i think i'm legally obligated to always tell you how much i love you and cuddle you and hug and kiss you, and hold your hand."

"that sounds nice," he said softly.

"yeah." he paused. "it does."

tsukki then held yamaguchi a little tighter, making him feel warm and fuzzy inside and they fell silent as the first movie (the greatest showman) began.

///

they didn't end up watching all four movies on friday night, because yamaguchi fell asleep after the second one, jurassic world.

however, the next morning they had breakfast in bed and finished the last two movies, howl's moving castle and my neighbor totoro.

by the time they watched totoro, the breakfast dishes were set aside on the bedside table, so yamaguchi was able to snuggle closer to tsukki again.

tsukki was always relatively cool, which was good because sometimes yamaguchi felt like a human furnace, so the offset in temperature was nice.

yamaguchi had his back pressed against tsukki's chest and tsukki had his arms wrapped around his torso, clasped in front of his stomach, resting there loosely.

yamaguchi held onto his arms with his own, smiling when he kissed his head, and also just smiling at the movie itself.

it's always been one of his favorite movies and it makes him happy and nostalgic whenever he watches it.

he just loves the pretty art and the cute story, even though it is really sad when mei gets lost.

but in the end, everything works out and it's all really nice.

by the time the credits played, a tear had escaped his eye.

"tadashi, are you okay?"

he blushed a little, because that was the first time in a while tsukki had used his first name.

yamaguchi wiggled around a little to face him and buried his face in his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around him.

"i'm good," he said, the words slightly muffled. "i'm just really happy to be here with you and to have so many great friends and everything, that's all."

tsukki ran his fingers through his hair softly.

"oh, that's good. i'm happy to be here with you too."

yamaguchi couldn't see his face, but from how soft his voice sounded, he could guess that he was smiling.

he was smiling himself as he lifted his face to look at him.

he saw that tsukki was smiling for just a moment before he softly wiped yamaguchi's cheeks and leaned down to kiss him.

he then rested his forehead against yamaguchi's.

"i love you, tadashi. thank you for giving me this chance to prove it to you."

yamaguchi felt his face heat up again, and his heart felt all fluttery.

"i love you too, kei, of course i gave you this chance."

tsukki kissed him again, and he could feel his lips curve into a smile.

yamaguchi smiled too, so widely that it broke the kiss and began to laugh a little.

tsukki started laughing too, and in that moment, yamaguchi could only think of how happy he was.