Chapter 21: Chick-Fil-A

On the next morning, I got dressed, eat a bowl of cereal, kissed my sullen parents goodbye, then leave the apartment before they start arguing

While Isaac and Zach are in college, Jason was willing to drop me off at school as long as I don't bother him during his studies.

Driving in his silver Volvo, Jason parks near the academy, gawk at the kids heading inside, and wishes me good luck.

"Thanks," I say with a big smile.

Opening the car door, I say goodbye to Jason then darted to the school entrance.

Waving hello to my classmates, I search for Nadine, James, and Marco until I found them standing near the school lockers.

They all wore their appropriate uniforms, but my friends seem annoyed that the weekend is over.

Nadine's dark brown hair transformed into silky dreadlocks. She has black circles around her eyes and suffers from insomnia.

Her boyfriend James looks ready to collapse and let's not forget about Marco.

His eyes are tired from the lack of sleep, his hair looks as though a raccoon slept in it, and his school uniform is disheveled and covered in sweat.

"Oh my God," James recoiled at the stench of Marco's sweaty clothes. "What is that awful smell?"

"Just my heart dying of loneliness," Marco leans his sweaty back against the locker smearing disastrous fumes against the metallic doors.

We were waiting for our first-period class, when Nadine reaches into her school bag, whipped out a bottle of perfume, and spray it all over Marco.

God, the fragrance smelled stronger than Marco's sweaty uniform. Sweet lilacs and ocean flooded my nostrils as students around me let out angry sneezes.

Embarrassed by the commotion, Nadine tucks the perfume bottle back inside her bag.

"Jesus Christ, what is that?" I cried, sneezing again.

"I have created this potion in AP Chemistry," she explained, "it's supposed to mask the stench of garbage, sour milk, and other bad odors."

"Hey!" cried Marco, giving her a cold stare.

"What?"

Marco crossed his arms. "Bad odors have ears and feelings, Nadine."

Nadine did a sigh.

"Well, if you had taken a bath I wouldn't have to be using this on you!" she argued.

"You can't blame a man with a broken heart."

Being the calm leader, James tells Nadine and Marco to stop fighting and focus on the mission.

"Marco and Nadine filled me in on what happened," James began.