[fOUr] - Gauging Potential

First test: 50 metre dash.

Since there was an odd number in the class, I supposed I'd be going alone. To be honest, I didn't pay much attention to my peers. I was too busy trying to figure out how to get a good result. I couldn't use my kinetic in this case, so I'd have to use my light... but how? A sudden thought occured to me; lightspeed was the fastest you could get right? If I could output that from my hands, then speaking in terms of physics, I could get a pretty good score. Nervously, I inspected my hand. If I overused my light Quirk, I'd start burning the body-parts it's coming from. But I hadn't managed to get to it's limit, not using it very often.

"Haruka, you'll be going alone," Mr Aizawa's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Right," I stuttered, walking over to the start line. A few people were staring at me.

Why? What's so stare worthy about me, for fuck's sake?!

"Runners, on your marks!"

I prepared myself: mentally and physically.

"Ready!"

A gunshot went off, signalling for me to go, and I did. I instantly fired light from my palms, and I rushed forwards a lot faster than I anticipated. Quicker than my eyes registered, I was over the finish line.

"0.034 seconds!"

Holy shit!

A series of mutters came from my classmates, as I hurriedly went back into the crowd.

I mean, it's good, but damn it! Did I have to attract so much attention?!

Second test: grip strength.

I was pretty average strength wise, I tended to use my kinetic energy for punching rather than my own physical strength. So, not much to my surprise, I got 36 kilograms, which was significantly below the class average. Even so, I breathed a sigh of relief; I wasn't sticking out like a sore thumb anymore.

Third test: standing long jump.

I went overboard again with my light. I really needed to stop doing this.

Get it together, Haruka!

Fourth test: repeated side steps.

This happened to be below average again, much to my relief. Only problem was I was getting hungry now.

Fifth test: softball throw.

After a drama with a boy with green hair breaking his finger because he used his Quirk too much (he beat Bakugo's score, though, so well done him!), it was my turn once more.

I shuffled uncomfortably as I took the ball from Mr Aizawa.

This is where it gets complicated.

Blasting light from one palm only is something I hadn't mastered yet, so it was up to my kinetic energy here. However, I couldn't exert it all into the throw and the ball; I needed to get rid of the excess somehow. That meant most likely breaking the floor, because I'd spread the wasted energy through my feet and through the ground. Either that, or I coughed up blood.

Decisions, decisions.

Right. Since I'm broke, I think I'll just have to put up with the blood.

I pulled my arm back, focusing the energy from that and holding it in my hand, and then swung it forwards, simultaneously bringing all of the energy up from my other moving body parts.

Kinetic is all about the movement, after all.

I then released it all, and fired the ball like a cannon. And, prior to usual when I didn't get rid of the rest of the energy, the familiar taste of blood in my mouth made me choke a little. I wiped the sides of my mouth, staining my hand, before looking expectantly at Mr Aizawa for my score. To my slight annoyance, he showed the class, so I couldn't see it, so I had to dart around to look.