[tWeNtY sEvEn] - Birthday

"HARU-CHAN!" Kaminari bounded over to me, interrupting a conversation I was having with the girls about how we had restricted travel. "I need to ask you something!"

"Hmm?" I grumbled, giving him my full attention.

"When's your birthday? We were all talking about ours, and I realised I don't know yours!"

Ah. The inevitable question.

"Third of July," I mumbled, scuffing my shoes against the floor.

"Whoa, that's pretty soon! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I don't want anything big for my birthday," I shrugged, "it's never happened. The last time I got a birthday present was when I was eleven, and for that I got a voucher for subway," I chuckled to myself.

"Haru-chan, I didn't know you were in that bad of a place!" Kaminari muttered, placing his hand to his chin, and looking almost thoughtful. "So, kinda like Uraraka?"

"Yup," I answered.

"What if we get together for your birthday? It would be so---!"

I placed a hand over his mouth, with a deadpan look, cutting him off. "Kaminari, no. I don't want other people to go through all the trouble of taking their time out of their day to celebrate the day I unfortunately came into this world."

"But---" Kaminari tried to object, so I interrupted again.

"I don't want anything big. It'll feel really weird. No presents either. That'll damage my pride." I clarified. "As a 'poor person', I heavily resent charity. So if you wanna do something, just send me a text on the day. Nothing big, ya hear?"

"Awww," Kaminari murmured, "I was hoping we could have a party."

"Heck no. And if you're hell bent on getting me something, the most I'll accept is a cup of instant noodles that's below ¥200." I added.

Kaminari nodded in a deflated fashion, before shuffling away back to Kirishima and Sero. I felt regretful almost immediately, but shoved it down; the last thing I wanted was someone to make a big deal out of my pathetic existence.

/////

The day of my birthday, I found myself awake at 9:00 in the morning, and that was because my phone was vibrating like an out of control sex toy at the messages I was getting.

With a groan, I rolled over, and blearily went through all of the texts I'd received.

Human Pikachu: HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARU-CHAN!!!!! Heyyyyy we should meet up today! Come to the mall in central at 10! If you don't show up I'll be sad :(

"Fucking guilt tripping mouse Pokemon," I muttered to myself, as I read Kaminari's message.

Hot Topic: Happy birthday Haruka!

Innocent Bone Breaking Choild: Happy birthday Haruka-kun! :)

A Rock: Happy birthday! :)))

Gay Mess: Gurl you better do something for ur bday or imma come down there and beat yo ass

Rajput: At least try to do something for ur bday won't you? You can't be that lazy srsly

The messages continued, though the one that piqued my interest the most, and also tugged at my heart strings, was a short message from Dad.