⇨ AN OLD FRIEND

"Train

"Train. Kill. Repeat." I muttered like a mantra under my breath while I strapped a second gun across my upper thigh hoisted atop my bedside; mindlessly relishing the reassuring feeling of the cold steel sinking into my veins already a bitter ice cold.

Tonight was a fairly simple assignment, nothing I hadn't done a million times before, the mundane feeling of it all now becoming routine nearly feeling as if I'd settled down and become what I feared most of all, docile; however, the irony humored me when I remembered just what I was doing, was I so twisted that I thought assassination had become such a civil, even normal, act? Nevertheless, I disregarded the preying feeling of doubt and sterilized my thoughts of such absurd ideas.

"Who's there?" I called out in suspicion over my shoulder when my ears became alerted by a pair of knuckles tapping against my hotel room door, continuing to slick the midnight black dress flush against my figure accentuated by its confirming fit.

"An old friend?" A familiar Russian accent mused as my lips painted a crimson red twisted into a humored smile while my legs padded across the carpeted floor towards the source of the sound as an instantaneous response.

"Friend, huh? Nice to see you too, sis." I playfully retorted as the gradually opening door revealed a beautiful blonde standing idle with her arms crossed flush against her chest and a lopsided grin, continuing to extend my arm forward signaling her to enter.

"Difficult mission tonight?" She observed with a raised brow gesturing towards the pristine layout of various weapons contrasting harshly against the pearl white duvet.

"Just observing, engage if needed kinda night." I nonchalantly shrugged while mindlessly fiddling with a knife, turning my profile over my shoulder when I caught a stifled back laugh threatening to burst into the atmosphere.

"Am I missing something, Natalia?" I remarked with a brow cocked in suspicion feeling as if crucial information was being withheld from my general knowledge, resulting with my mind resorting to scraping the depths of my thoughts trying to decipher her sudden change in demeanor.

"Anything to do with John Wick by any chance?" The blonde headed assassin smugly added while softly raising her brow towards my pair of emerald eyes nearly rolling to the back of my skull; knowing full well how much I loathed even the slightest suggestive remark when involving individuals of the opposite sex, god did I hate the fucking ludicrous idea of that lovey-dovey bullshit.

"Ahh, so that's why you're here, not enough drama in your own life, then?" I jested with a gentle laugh vibrating the back of my throat while gliding towards the luring cart of golden liquid pulling me in like a siren's call.

"Not quite, I just love getting under your skin so easily." Natalia imposted with a humored smirk preying on her rosy lips as both our heads abruptly whipped around towards the sound of knuckles knocking against the hotel room door, our bodies tensing in high alert as an instantaneous response to the unanticipated action. My presence at the Continental wasn't exactly favored by many, or any for that matter, and I knew that, and I knew I had to be ready for whatever was to come.