Chapter 39- That Fucking Cave!

(Comm.)
My gaze stopped, vision blurred, that creature managed to knock me blind into one of the walls. Wanna know how this happened? I'll tell you how it happened!

(Not even a second before!)
I watched Kharjo, my gaze swept along the columns as this new thing crept along them, eyes darting from me to Kharjo. We exchanged contact and I darted right, while Kharjo went left. What we didn't expect was the thing to rip in half and chase down both at one time.

It ripped in half, in half! And chased us both down! Kharjo made it to the door and ran for the hills, getting prepared to come back in. I, however, hold a different story. The thing caught up to me and grabbed hold of my right arm and pulled me into he air and began swinging me around violently, until I felt a crack in my armour. That is when I realized it, I had fought this beast before a long time ago, and was ripped in half and torn to shreds by it, how I lived... is a mystery yet... but this leads to now.. almost anyway. After a moment, the beast released my arm and my body, no longer being held, slammed against the wall across from us. At least I expected this...

(Now!)
My vision still blurred, but slightly cleared, I watched as the beast strolled forward, claw reaching out to grab me and rip me apart, just as it had then, but an arrow covered in a silver liquid flew past us, in between us, and the beast turned towards the shooter. And as I looked, no one was there, who was it? And how?

I, vision now cleared, jumped up and began attacking he beast and blow after blow it finally waned. Landing on its side I began hitting it, every blow counting, until it made no more noise, then a bit more to be sure. And after that, I stared at it, it was the same thing, but why were those red crystals growing on its back? And it never attacked while it saw us! What happened between then and now?!

"You think you are alone?" Came an all too familiar voice.

"Lumina, what do you want now? Your beast is dead," I growled, crossing my arms over my chest as she shook her head.

"Not mine, but your close to the answer, wanna have another look around this place? Maybe you'll find the answer, and a clue!" Shebgighled before jumping into nothingness and I snarled.

"What do you mean by that?" I knew the answer, but I wanted to hear someone else say it... and now, I was alone, just me and the corpse beside me. I sighed and sat, leaning into the long neck of the beast, "how did we end up here, Diablo? It wasn't like it was planned, you being here, me showing up... child's play, were we both pawns in her play? Or something more sinister?" I began asking the dead Elder Dragan I leaned on questions, not expecting an answer.

(A/n! Now some of you may be saying, Commander's the Dragonborn! Why isn't he collecting the soul! You'll see, just wait and read...)

Pausing to just listen to the silence, I heard a faint heartbeat, coming from somewhere nearby. But the question stood, from where and what? I stirred and stood, running to a wall and crouching, watching the room, 'who's there I wonder?' I began watching, waiting for movement, but nothing happened.

I knew something was with me, but where? My gaze traveled to the ceiling above, nothing... the walls? Nothing... Diablo? Gone... physically gone! My eyes widened as they began to dart around the room. How did I lose sight of something his size?! Startled, I faltered, moving to the center of the room.

"You.... you faltered in the.... the end.... and for..... that.... I must..... congr.... congratulate you..... for such..... such a feat... your weapon cuts deep, but I believe.... we've both.... both have.... been used here.... and with.... with that.... we have.... an.... accord...." the hauntning voice of Diablo echoed throughout the room.

"So you what? Gonna fly my home?" I grew my hands into the air, but continued to twirl and look around the room for him, "where did you go anyway?"

"I am.... am here.... can you..... can you not see me?" He asked and I became annoyed.

"No, too dark in here..." I crossed my arms over my torso, looking at the door. Only it wasn't a door anymore... I was staring at Diablo, "there you are, guarding the door, as per usual..." I spoke, tilting my head sideways.

"Now do... do you see... see me?" He asked, but I could tell, I cut him deep... and he was going to die if not treated soon.

"Yes, you're badly hurt..." I sighed, beginning to walk forward to him.

"As are you, if I'm not.... mistaken..." he spoke, eyes on my arm as I looked it up at down.

"I've had worse, it'll heal, but you need help more," I reached a hand up to his nose, to see if he would bite it or nudge it...

and he........

(End of chapter!~)