enemies.

Does Feli get a kick out of putting Remedios in difficult situations? That must be it. That must be the only reason why her manager had to secure a duet between her and the most annoying band in the scene.

She stares at the poster— a poster of her and Aguila, live at the biggest music fest in the country. The same music fest that's happening in four days. The event alone is enough for her panic to rise; to add in the duet is a new kind of hell.

She zeroes in on the smug smirk of Aguila's lead vocalist and Remedios throws the poster away before the urge to punch something takes over.

"I'm not doing it."

"Wala kang choice, Remy."

"We're rivals! It doesn't make sense!"

"It does make sense," Felicidad smiles, that cunning smile that reminds Remedios that this is an Aguinaldo she's dealing with. She's the best. Feli always knows what she's doing. "Think of the publicity. Check your Twitter account, nag-tetrending na nga. It would boost the next album sales."

Remedios crosses her arms, her leg bouncing. She doesn't need to check anything, her phone's been blowing up ever since the announcement's been made. She can feel her heart sitting at her throat. This is too much.

"Feli.."

"Remy, di ko naman gagawin 'to kung alam kong hindi mo kaya." Felicidad frowns and the look Remedios gets is from her best friend, not her manager. The younger sighs.

"Dapat magpapraktis na kami."

Felicidad smiles, giving the other a quick hug. "I've already scheduled that too. Bukas at the studio."

Oh, things she has to do to thrive in the music scene. And to not make Feli pout.

"But what if I end up murdering him?" Remedios gives her best puppy eyes. Feli pinches her cheek. "I'll help you hide the body."

***

Aguila isn't that bad. Joven, on guitars, is actually her friend; Vicente's a gentleman; Julian is... well, Julian has his qualities but something about Goyo just doesn't sit well with her. Probably because he knows he's charming and it fuels the ego that's too big for his head but that's just a thought.

They barely interact. The few times that they did Goyo was a total snob. Not to mention that they're both rising stars and everyone's been pitting them against each other. It was rivalry from that point; everything else is history.

Remedios has been listening to the new song on repeat. It's a pretty good one and she's not going to lie, if they manage to pull it off it would be a great single. But that's just it. She can't see them pulling it off, at least not with Goyo.

"Ate Remy!" A voice tears her away from her thoughts and Remedios sees that they've pulled up at the studio already. Joven waves her over and her nerves seem to settle at a familiar face that's not Feli's.

"Jovenito." Remedios groans and hugs him tight, pulling out a laugh from the other. Joven is eager to return it. "Ready ka na?"

Para awayin yung mayabang na yun? Oo. Remedios shrugs. "As I'll ever be."

"Kaya idol kita, ate. Pagpasensyahan mo na si Goyo, maiinit talaga ulo nun."