something else.

Her heart's in her throat again. This is the biggest crowd she's ever faced. Her solo set was done—easy, actually— but it's because those were her songs, the very ones she knew by heart.

This is different. This is—

She looks up the very same moment Aguila ends their solo set. The crowd is going wild, with a slightly higher pitch of screams from their female fans. Goyo seems to be the most relaxed on stage and it's a good look on him. He takes a sip of his water bottle and out of the corner of his eye, catches Remedios's gaze.

They share a look, a silent promise. She hears his words over the noise. I got you. Goyo quirks a smile and he's back at the mic again, greeting the crowd.

"Okay pa ba tayo dyan?"

An enthusiastic roar erupts.

"We have one last song for everyone. Bago 'to kaya gawa nalang kayo ng sarili nyong lyrics." He grins, charming enough for everyone to forgive him for releasing a new song all of a sudden. "Syempre, can't do this song alone. Let's welcome back Remedios to the stage!"

Another loud cheer from her fans this time and Remedios steps back in, wearing that smile that makes her eyes disappear. She grabs the other mic and looks at Goyo who's smiling easily with a hint of pride.

"Eto na ang Huling Sayaw."

On that cue, Julian smirks and starts them off with a roll of beats, followed by Vicente and Joven on their guitars. The last of Remedios's panic leave her the moment she hears nothing but the music. It'll be fine.

Goyo sings, his voice smooth but with a promise of affliction. Remedios's is steady, a reassuring lullabye. It's perfect.

She didn't expect their stage chemistry to be strong either. It's almost theatrical, heartbreaking. They bring in the chorus beautifully, as if it's truly their last dance.

And then it ends, the instruments then taking over. Vicente and Joven steal the stage, lead and rhythm guitars creating their own dance. It's intense and euphoric and it's their own promise. Julian's drums pound and keep everything steady, each strike echoing in their bones.

Goyo's voice grounds her back and she looks at him from across the stage.

Paalam sa'ting huling sayaw. May dulo pala ang langit.

The music climbs and so does Remedios's heart. Panic flashes in her eyes. It's quick but Goyo catches it and he walks over to her, sure and steady as they sing their line. He's keeping his promise.

Kaya't sabay tayong bibitaw sa ating huling sayaw.

They meet in the middle and the crowd goes crazy as their faces take up the huge screen behind them. Remedios isn't scared anymore.

The music climbs again. Goyo is looking at her like she's the only one in the open arena. She's got this.

Paalam sa'ting huling sayaw. May dulo pala ang langit—

It's that split second when she reaches the high note and it ends where she allows herself to finally breathe. 

Goyo, on the other hand, at very same second, forgets his breath. He quirks a tiny smile that only the two of them would get.

—kaya't sabay tayong bibitaw sa ating huling sayaw.

Everything else is a fantastic blur.

***

"You did it!" Feli welcomes her backstage with a hug and Remedios makes a noise between a whine and groan of relief. She hugs her friend back, smiling widely. "Thanks, Feli."

"That was a great song tas maganda pa yung solo set mo! Kitang kita ko na yung #1 spot para sa duet ninyo." Feli gushes. "Oh, celebrate tayo!"

"Ugh, yes, finally! Tawagan ko lang si Dolores—"

"Excuse me?" Goyo peeks in and waves at the two of them. "Hi, Feli."

"Goyo." Felicidad turns to Remedios with a knowing grin. Can she be more obvious. "Labas muna ako. Ako nang bahala kay Dolores."

Once they're alone, Goyo hands her the cold water bottle which she's more than grateful for. "Thanks."

"You killed it." The boy smiles, more at ease now. It makes him look younger.

"Salamat." She mirrors the smile. "For, y'know, pushing me to do it." And having faith in me. She doesn't need to say it.

Goyo's eyes soften. "It's no problem. I knew you could do it."

For a moment they just look at each other and it's enough. Oh no, Remedios realizes, they can't stay like this. Say something.

"May gagawin ka?"
"Gusto mo bang sumama sa 'min?"

Great. The two laugh softly and Goyo bites his lip, suddenly shy. "Bar and karaoke. Thought you might want to beat Julian at his Bohemian Rhapsody solo. He sings the instrumentals too."

"Hmn, can I bring Feli and my sister?"

"Sure! The more the merrier."

Remedios smiles and Goyo feels like he's finally doing something right. "Sige, pahinga ka muna. Text mo lang ako pag ready na kayo."

She nods and he leaves with a lingering smile on his face. Remedios drinks her water and keeps her beam to herself. 

It's going to be a fun night. Especially when she beats Julian at that Bohemian Rhapsody solo.