Everything Hurts

Tord woke up to the sun shining on his scarred face. He was on the cliff. Last night, he promised that five days after, he would say sorry to the gang; He'll die. He was planning on saying it today, to which his deadline is tomorrow afternoon to say it to them. He knew that if he didn't tell them, he'd die regretting it. He didn't care if they forgave him or not; he just needed to say it. As a matter of fact, he doesn't deserve to be forgiven by them.

Tord's pretty sure that they'd never accept him, much less forgive him. If they did, he'd be okay with it, surprised, but okay. If not, he'd understand. He knew he just had to tell them how sorry he was.

He walked the streets, heading to the apartment complex, where the gang was currently watching a film. How'd he know where to find them? On the day of the..... incident, he saw them go here. After asking for directions, he went up to their floor and stood in front of the apartment where he supposed Edd and the others would be. How come Tord never got caught by the gang since the incident? He went to a different town, a smaller one too. He guessed it was Edd's apartment because it smelled like cola and three voices immersed from inside, as well as the sound of a horror film that wasn't even scary and was more of the stupid funny kind of horror.

He knocks twice. Nothing.
He knocked thrice. The movie stopped, and Tord heard shuffling.
He didn't move. He stood his ground. He didn't care if it was Tom who had gone to the door or someone else as long as it was one of them.

The door opened......

The person who opened the door gasped and then shouted, just loud enough for the other two to sprint to the door in a hurry.

"TORD!?!?!"
"Hello, Edward."

Edd stood at the door, frozen in shock to see his 'dead' friend alive. In no time, Tom and Matt came to the door beside Edd. As soon as they saw him, the whole gang engulfed Tord in a group hug.

"WE THOUGHT Y-YOU D- DIED!?!! Wh- what ha- happened?"

Edd questioned as tears fell freely down his cheeks. Tord looked at the gang; he was surprised to see Tom hugging him but other than that, their reactions didn't faze him.

"I came only to say sorry. If you want me to tell you my explanation for why I did what I did and answer your questions...... I'll tell you the answers."

"Okay, but first things first. Come inside."

"Thank you, Edd."

"Of course."

As Tord came in, his sense of smell was immediately attacked by the sweet smell of cola and a calming room freshener. The gang sat on one sofa while Tord sat on a chair facing them.

"Okay, first, the questions."

"Shoot."

"Tord, where did you go after the incident?"

"I was brought back to the base. They treated my wounds and replaced my right arm with a robotic one."

"How did you get here?"

"Hmm, there is more than one way I can answer your question, Tom, but I'll start from the very start. I quit the army, moved back here. But not really here- here. I was first staying in a cave in the forest nearby, then I went to a smaller town not so far from here. After a while, I went back to the forest because I missed being in nature. Then I went here. I saw you guys entering here during the incident so I thought that you'd still be in here somewhere."

"What made you come to us?"

Tord let out a shaky breath as he said
"My guilt for ruining your lives is eating me alive. I just had to say sorry before I go, forever."
Tord whispered the last part, not wanting to worry about the trio. Little did he know Tom heard him clear as day. Though he heard it, he kept it a secret; he was scared of what Tord had just said and didn't want to reminisce about the incident any longer.

"Can we please stop talking about that stupid robot already?"

"Okay, Tom."

"Anyways, one last thing before we stop talking about the robot."

"What is it, Tord?"

"Okay. The reason I brought out the robot was because of my dad. He wanted to rule the world but was always too weak to do so.

"When he had a son, he wanted him to rule the world for him, to make it a better place, as he would say. He would always tell his son about the impurities of the world that he believed needed to be changed. His mother died while he was little. And it was all because of his father. He was the reason why he felt so weak, so useless, so dead inside. His father promised great things, too great, and too many times. But his son knew some of these were fake, like his father.

"His father soon died, and his son didn't weep during his funeral. He was taught that crying was a sign of weakness and that his father did not want to see his own son weeping at his funeral. So, he did just that. He felt no feelings whatsoever. In fact, he thought his father deserved it, every single bit of his painful death.

"He took his father's place as a leader, but he was far too young. He was adopted by his father's two best soldiers, that were married. They treated him like their own and taught him many great things that he knew were true. He was taught that crying isn't a sign of weakness. It was a sign of humanity. It shows how you truly feel. He learned many things from them. He thought they were different from his father. Oh, how was he so wrong to think that.

"They told him one day that even though they didn't want him to, and even if he didn't want to, he had no choice but to make sure the Red Army took over the world. They said his father ordered them to guide me to that path. He resisted at first but then gave up. He thought that it was just because of his father.

"Until one night, he woke up to get a cup of water. He passed his parents' bedroom to hear a conversation between his new parents. That night, they had lost his trust. That night, he had learned a new truth. That night, his heart was broken. He found out that his parents too wanted to rule the world but then since I was already going to do that because of my dad. They were going to watch the world crumble in my hands while they see the close-up view of it. When they found out I knew their secret they tried to gain my trust back. They did but it wasn't like before. They gained my trust just enough for me to trust them with my army, nothing personal."

"Wow, you didn't have to say the whole story."

"I have to go."

"Wait! You don't have a place to stay though."

"Edd, I'll do just fine."

"No. You are staying with us."
Tord sighed.
"Fine."

"Yay! Wait- um, Tom? Can Tord stay with you? I have Ringo and Matt has- "

"Sure."

"Wait- You serious Tom?"

"Yeah, I'm cool."

"...... Thanks, Tom."

"Yeah, m'kay. Let's go to my apartment."

"Okay. Lead the way."

A/N
Oh, my favorite cheese dog. This is long! Hope you enjoy it. Have a Happy New Year! I want to sleep again. I edited minor corrections. I also realized I was going into Tord's pov. Sorry for the confusion, if there was any.
1/1/"20 11:50am
1323 words
Edited.
Re-edited. 1328 words.
Edited again, 1325 words.