C H A P T E R 2

MY MATE IS A VAMPIRE KING

C H A P T E R 2
SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER

Vladimir Bloodthorn

Darkness hangs over him like gray clouds that lurk around in the sky. The scarlet red irises in his eyes hatefully glare at the scene in front of him. His skin paler than snow itself. His lips curled up in a devilish smirk. Running his tongue over his razor sharp canines. Making his enemies aware of the agonizing pain he can inflict upon them with them. His body sitting on a stone carved throne and decorated with the bones of his enemies to show exactly how powerful he is.

A man dressed in a long pitch black hooded cloak on both his knees in front of the King. His head looking down at the stone tiled floor as he cowers in fear and shame. "My Lord, forgive her. She knew nothing of her ways and should never have acted out the way she did. Please accept our apologies and have mercy, My Lord" The man's voice shakes with fear along with himself. Never lifting his head while speaking. The King on his throne lifts his right leg up and crosses it over his left one. His hateful glare has turned into disgust.

"Yes. She never should have done that and yet she did. Disrespecting her King and now she shall pay" His words are radiating with energy and strength. The fury burning in his scarlet red eyes showing a great deal of power. Sending the man cowering and wailing. "With her life" He finishes and a wicked grin plastered on his face. Both his hand on the arms of the throne. One of his fingers tapping the stone with his fingernail in boredom knowing what is to come. The man on the floor bowing snaps his head towards the powerful King.

"Please have mercy, have mercy on her. She's just a child. She never meant for this to happen. Have mercy on her" He begs and pleads to the King with tears streaming down his face. Showing his weakness and how much of a coward he is to the King. "Then you should have schooled her better. Her mistake is not hers alone but yours" He tells the poor man as he can only let the wicked grin grow into one of mischief as the ideas of evil swirl in his mind. The face of the man pales when he hears the man on the throne speak.

The amount of authority in his voice alone sends the kneeling man trembling with fear of him. The King nods his head at two guards by the door that march right to the man after receiving the signal. Harshly lifting the man by his arms they drag him pleading and begging for his life but the King has had enough of him. The doors slam closed when the guards leave with the man and leave the King alone in the large throne room. Uncrossing his legs he sighs before he stands up from his throne.

He walks down the three stairs that lift his throne higher up for everyone to be able to see him and to show people that he is powerful and he is the King. His scarlet red eyes filled with rage that needs to be unleashed on the world and the blood-thirst living inside him begs him to slaughter some beings. Walking to the same door that the guards had previously gone through with the man. The doors open for him as guards on the other side hold it open for him as he walks through and they close them behind him.

His head high as he walks down a dark and gloomy hallway. No lights nor fire lighting up the hallways and he doesn't need them. His scarlet red eyes give him the ability to see in the darkness as if it were lights all around him. The hallways are all the same and all empty. No decorations on the walls. The floor is dark out wood covered with red carpet that dresses the whole floor. His footsteps echo loudly in the hallways as he walks around a corner. In front of him is another hallway and down it is a large wooden door.