Chapter Seven

"The reason I could never hurt you is because you were the perfect victim. You were everything I wanted to find. I couldn't tarnish that perfect image otherwise my inner beast wouldn't of found you as special. I'm sorry."

The words rung through her head like a headache, attacking her over and over until she only heard key words. Perfect Victim. Inner Beast. Sorry. Camila was like a nightmare for Lauren, but she couldn't hate the nightmare because whilst it had her waking up in cold sweat and fear of seeing those murderous eyes directed at her, the nightmares brought on past memories. Like when Lauren has got off work late and returned home to seethe house covered in rose petals and a nice hot bubble bath waiting for her alongside the love of her life that pleasured her for hours that night. However with Camila stood at her side, head turned down in shame with an electric collar around her neck. Lauren felt a long hidden rage building up. "You would've killed me?" She asked carefully long forgetting about Jeremiah who watched the exchange between the Latinas with amusement in his gaze. "I don't know." The uncertainty in Camila's voice was something that Lauren has never heard. "Oh we are talking about this later." The Detective's tone was low and very vindictive. If Camila didn't wear the collar and Lauren didn't have the scar, people would confuse who was the real killer out of the pair.

Lauren turned and faced Jeremiah who had gotten himself all too comfortable. "You are under arrest for suspicion of kidnapping and the murders of Adeline Price, Franklin Baker, Jack Gold and Debbie Wyatt. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in court. You have the right to talk to a lawyer for advice before we ask you any questions. You have the right to have a lawyer with you during questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. If you decide to answer questions now without a lawyer present, you have the right to stop answering at any time." Jeremiah grinned as Lauren recited the Miranda Warning to him and he happily held out his hands to be cuffed. "Wait." Camila spoke loudly before the man was hauled off, she stepped closer and looked directly into his eyes. "You're not worried about what's going to happen are you? This is all apart of the plan isn't it?" Lauren's curiosity briefly beat her anger and she stopped in her tracks waiting for Jeremiah's response. Knowing that anything he said would be used against him, he still didn't care. "C'mon Labeller, the curtains only just opened. Hold on to your hats ladies, cause you ain't seen nothing yet!" He cackled evilly, laughing uncontrollably as Lauren dragged him to the car, Camila in tow.

Moments before Camila got into the car she felt like she was being watched. Camila had an amazing sixth sense so she turned around just in time to see Jerome Valeska and a woman covered in tattoos watching them from down the street with shit eating smiles, the woman beside Jerome had blonde hair and from the way they stood beside each other, they looked intimately involved. Both of them mimed something and Camila froze in her place and looked down at Jeremiah. Tick tock. Camila's blood ran cold as the situation registered whilst Valeska sat in the backseat laughing and kicking at the back of the passenger side seat. "Lauren. Get out of the car." Camila ordered and before the green eyed woman could protest, Jeremiah began to quietly count down from ten. In that moment Camila didn't care what Lauren did to her but she swung open her door and dragged her out the car and practically threw her away before crouching over her, protecting her from what was to come.

Seven,

Six,

Five,

Four,

Three,

Two,

One.

Camila tensed up her entire body as Jeremiah scream in delight and the car exploded, killing the madman instantly and blowing Camila slightly forward, so she was towering Lauren. Both their ears rung in agony, without another word Camila looked to see if the pair was still watching but they were gone. The only evidence that they'd been there was hopefully on CCTV that overlooked the street. Lauren sat up shakily and looked toward the burning car before looking at Camila.

"You saved me?"

"Always."

Short one but consider this my late Christmas present to you all :)