Chapter 1

Oliver was Josh's first everything. His first friend, best friend.

"Mom! Mom, look!" A small human, with curly hair and wide blue eyes, ran across the kindergarten. He smiled big, his backpack in one hand and a paper on the other.

"Slow down, little one!" The woman that was a few feet away from him, waiting until he got to her exclaimed. The kid didn't slow down. He ended up stumbling upon another child. They both fell on the grass, Joshua upon the other one.

"Owie," the child whimpered. Josh quickly stood up.

"I'm so sorry!" He said quickly. He gazed worriedly into hazel wide eyes too, the kid's face was a bit pained. Josh extended his hand, helping the other kid up. "I wasn' paying attention," Josh mumbled quietly. " 'M sorry."

"Joshua!" His mom scolded, walking up to him. She grabbed his hand quickly but not brutally. "I told you to slow down." Her voice was stern.

"It's okay, ma'am," the kid that had been taken down spoke quietly. "It didn' hurt. 'M okay," he smiled. And Josh looked up again. His deep oceanic gaze met up with cosy hazelnut orbs. He smiled back. " 'M Oliver," the kid pushed his hand up in front of him.

"Josh," he answered back, taking Oliver's hand on his. "Nice to meet ya," and his mother, Oliver's, that hadn't pronounced herself until then, let out a small chuckle. She turned to Josh's mom while the small kids talked and asked themselves questions.

"I can see this turning into something great," she smiled. And Josh's mom did too. She nodded and hummed.

"Something amazing," she had a fond look on her face. But they didn't really know the depth of that something, expecting something plainly friendly. They didn't expect the gorgeous thing that would bloom from there.

"Oh! I didn' showed you, ma!" Josh suddenly turned to her, showing her the painting he had made. She took it in her hands, fingertips grazing softly over the texture of the paper. She smiled even more fondly.

"It's beautiful, baby!" She said. Her eyes wavered over the black ink of two badly done wide circles, that touched each other at one point only, with two triangles at the top of one of the circles and two lines, going from the sides of the lower circle to near the end of the paper.

"T'anks! It's Sprite!" Josh smiled excitedly.

"Who's Sprite?" Oliver tilted his head, gazing at Josh. Josh smiled even bigger.

"Our cat!"

"Oh! I love cats!"

"Me too!" And then Josh's mom turned to Oliver's.

"Would you like to come over so the kids play?" And the woman smiled a small smile.

"If it's not a bother."

And they went to their empty home, giving it some life with only their presences. Oliver and Josh spent the entire afternoon playing.

-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-

THIS ONE WILL BE A THING, ALRIGHT? ILL TRY MY HARDEST. S' gonna be cute n lovely n I'll put some angst at some point but FLUFF SHIT. Thanks c: (I'll try to make longer chapters too)