Chapter 16// Nice going Rachel

unedited.

There were only three days left of the holiday. The snow was gone, finally, and we could spend the next one and a half day outside. Then we would have to pack our bags and arrive to the airport on Friday at around ten am. So really, there were only two days left.

As much as every student wanted to get to plan their own day (apparently our little trip downtown was not allowed in case we got lost. people found out and started saying how unfair the teacher was being), Mr Moore told everyone that we were going Ice skating. I didn't protest too much, it sounded really fun.

The whole class got to vote, either we would go to a 'ice skating place' inside a building or we would go to a frozen pond. Most of us voted for the indoor skating place. It sounded safer.

Elisha had thrown on every sweater she had (which were only three but still..) to keep herself warm. She thought it was going to be freezing outside since the snow stopped falling just that night and she wanted to be prepared if it would suddenly snow again. Me, on the other hand wore a long sleeved shirt with a pair of warm sweatpants and fuzzy socks. The sweater I had been wearing the past days was Elisha's and since she was currently wearing it, I couldn't.

We arrived to the lobby where most of the other students were standing in a circle while Mr Moore called out their names to make sure they had arrived. I spotted Harry's curls at the back and Elisha and I quickly made our way towards him.

"Hey," I smiled as we reached him. Harry turned around and when his eyes landed on me, a grin immediately made it's way on his face.

"Hey Rach," He greeted back as he reached his arm forward in my direction. "Here."

I looked down at his hand where a jacket, the same one as he had let me borrow at the beginning of the trip, laid. I raised my eyebrow at him, not exactly understanding.

"I'm not letting you freeze your arse off so put it on."

I let out a quiet chuckle and thanked him before putting his jacket on. The familiar smell of Harry's cologne hit my nose and unaware, I smiled.

When every student had arrived we walked together towards a bus station close by that would take us to the ice skating place. I became more and more excited as the time passed, I had never gone Ice skating before.

I sat down in the seat beside Harry inside the bus and kept my head on his shoulder most of the time since I was still quite tired.

---

"Could you be more excited?" Harry laughed as he watched me trying to put my skates on. I ignored him whilte I stuck my right foot into the correct skate. I then put on the left one and stood up since I thought I was ready to go but was stopped when a hand gripped my arm and pulled me back down. Harry reached out for my skates (I'm not quite sure what he did but I suddenly felt more pressure on my foot) and I let out a yelp.

"Ow, that's uncomfortable." I whined.

Harry rolled his eyes in respond and stood up. "At least now they wont come off."

I felt my cheeks slightly heat up as I stood up. Nice going Rachel.

I followed Harry towards the ice rink where most of the other students were already enjoying their time. I felt quite intimidated by some of the people that were skating there, they seemed to be so professional at this. The chances of me making a fool out of myself were unfortunately, very high.

When Harry noticed I hadn't entered the rink like he had, he slowly skated towards me and raised both eyebrows. "Is something wrong?"

"Um, no." I said and shook my head. "I've just never.. well, done this before."

Harry smiled and I could see he found my situation amusing which only caused me to sent him a flat look.

"Here, let me help you."

He reached out for my hand before grabbing my other in his. I took one step on the rink, very very slowly as he begun skating backwards. Also very slowly.

"Look, it's okay." He said when both of my feet were on the Ice and I had begun moving more forward. I didn't know how to stop myself like Harry so instead of keeping the space between us like the original plan was, I ran right into him. We didn't wall (fortunately) but this caused us to look like we were hugging. Harry was still holding my hands as he looked down at me, his eyes slightly wide.

"Uh.." He muttered as he tried to move backwards but me with my non-existing skating skills made it more difficult for him. When he realized I would also have to do something, he started to explain to me what I had to do to and how I had to move so I would actually be skating.

After an awkward minute of us pressed against each other, I finally (kinds) got the hang of it and we were out of our uncomfortable not-really-but-still-embrace.

This time Harry moved so he was standing on my left side. He had let go of my right hand so we were side by side while my left hand had a death grip on his right one. My wish wasn't to face plant forward later on so I found it safer for me to hold onto someone.

It took me five minutes to start skating normally which I thought was quite impressive. Harry just laughed at my proud expression. I spotted Louis where he was skating with Zayn and Niall. They seemed to be in a competition, all of them were going way to fast. I was practically waiting for one of them to crash down.

"Come on." Harry muttered in my ear and he slowly started skating forward with me beside him. We kept holding hands most of the time. I sometimes let got to see if I could actually skate by myself but quickly discovered that I couldn't.

"Harry, come race with us!"

Both Harry and I looked up at Niall who was waving for him to come over. Harry shook his head and yelled back,

"Nah, I'm good."

And we kept skating.

****

I'm going to try to make this real quick but please read the whole authors note.

So hi, im sorry for a late update. I just wrote that in like half an hour (I got distracted by the TV. whoopsie.) and yeah. There's only 1 chapter left :o which I find quite amazing, this will then be the second book i complete (even though in total there will only be 22 chapters but just go with it).

That's pretty much it, If I have something else to say that I can't remember right now then I'll most a special A/N chapter later on.

love yas.