1

Hi my name is Elizabeth but i go by Betty im 9 and I have cancer but it's not all to bad I get extra cuddles from my mommy and daddy and I eat pudding with my pills. I go to chemo and I'm in a room witch holds two people but I'm alone until today. I was sitting there and the nurses brought in this boy he was the same age as me. " now jughead you know the drill"
The nurse said " and Betty this is your chemo buddy since you always ask for one and cheer him up "

" thank you "

" of course " she left

" hi jughead " He looked over at me

" hi "

" I'm betty "

" I know "

" weres your parents "

" at home "

" why "

" they don't like to come to these things "

" why "

" where's your parents "

" oh They went to lunch I like being alone they worry to much "

" you seem oddly happy "

" well I mean it sucks but i try to be happy "

" how always in a hospital room take gross pills and never feel good "

" well I like to snuggle with my stuffed animals and I have and I pad to watch movies on and they hide my pills in pudding so I don't taste them. "

" my family doesn't have much money "

" well you can share with me " I got up and took my chemo pole and I put my blanket on his chair and I grabbed my I pad I plopped in his seat " see now we can share "

" your in my chair "

" we're sharing is there any shows you like "

" I just watch hospital shows "

" well pick a show " I gave him the iPad. I got under his blanket. Then covered us both in my blanket which was thicker than his. " why is your blanket so thin "

" just a hospital one " 

" is it just me or is it cold "

" well I'm always cold " i propped the I pad on his lap and we watched Star Wars. I fell asleep on his shoulder I woke up to my mom she softly scooping me up

" sweetheart we got to take you to your room "

" mmk "

" bye Betty " jughead said

" bye juggie " I got laid in my hospital bed. In my room.

" you made new friends "

" mhm but his mommy and daddy don't come I feel bad "

" sometimes people have hard times being with there kids seeing them sad and hurt "'

" but jughead is so nice "

" yeah he seems nice "

" mommy will you buy him a big fluffy blanket his is always cold he said and he only gets thin hospital blankets "

" fine sweetheart whatever makes you happy "

" will you do it now "

" sweetheart "

" please mommy I want him to warm and comfortable he is sick to "

" okay I'll get him some presents you rest your 9 stop worrying about others "

" sorry "

" we will go you pumpkin rest "

" I will "I slept until my parents came back I sat up they plopped bags of stuff on my bed" we got a bin so you can organize it for him. "

" yeah thank you "I sat up

" you feeling okay "

" I am fine"

" sweetheart "

" mommy im fine "

" chemo makes you tired bug and I know you probably weren't sleeping "

" I'll sleep when I'm all done " I put it all together then my mommy carried it as I waddled to jugs room I knocked

" come in " I pushed on the door but I'm two small and I couldn't get it so my dad did.

" hey "

" hI betty"

" we got you a present "

" why "

" because your my chemo buddy "

" thanks betts "

" mhm "

" and thanks betts parents "

" of course "

" you look tired "

" you sound like my parents open the present man " he opened it there was socks and sweatpants and a big fluffy blanket. And chocolate he was happy he smiled and gave hugs " see now you can be warm and cozy "

" thank you "

" you look tired "

" I'm just wiped out "

" well visit my room anytime "

" okay your always welcome here "

" night night " I hobbled away I got into my bed and snuggled up with my teddy bear." Night mommy "

" night sweetheart " I started feeling sicker but did fall asleep